icon

avic n-1

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nguyenk 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2005 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
Before anybody say anything, this thread isn't about upgrading software of a N-1 to a N-2. It's about my pieces of cr*p N-1, it seems like there is problem with the laser pick up unit. I would play a disk (anything, CD, MP3, DVD, even the Nagivation disk) normally and then it just stopped. I ejected the disk and then no matter what disk I put in, I got the same message "error reading" "Non-playable disk". I tried to reset but it's still doing the same thing.
After a while, it would read a disk but only for a short time and then the same error some up "Non-playable disk". Anybody has the same problem and know the fix. Otherwise, I guess I'll call Pioneer and see whether I have to send the unit back.
I never had a problem with any HUs going bad like this. What a pieces of cr*p!!! I have nothing but problems with this HU, and I paid $1500 for this. Is there a quality problem with these units or did I just get a lemon? THanks for the help.
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2005 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged  
we had one do the same thing, it was dirty inside, a good cleaning and good as new
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
nguyenk 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2005 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged  
How do I clean it? Take it apart or is there some other way?
12v_rep 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2005 at 7:27 AM / IP Logged  
You could try and clean it yourself by using one of those CD cleaners you can get at any electronic store. If that doesn't work the unit will have to be opened up and cleaned manually. The laser may need aligned also, depending on how well you take care of it. If none of this works you can send it to Pioneer as long as it was purchased within the last year and you have a copy of the receipt and it was purchased from an authorized retailer. They would repair it under warranty if you meet those criteria. Or, you could try to take it back where you bought it and see if they would swap it out for you if they still have an N1 in stock.
cschoen 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2005 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  
FYI the N2 SUCKS too! I'm not sure but I'm gunna go out on a limb and says pioneer SUCKS. If you have ever had a clarion head unit, DO NOT go with Pioneer. The sound just isn't the same and I'm on my 2nd sirius module for it and this one is bad already. Maybe a Pioneer vaccum would be something to buy. Or a pioneer electronic inflatable doll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  $@&% Pioneer    (or something like that)
12v_rep 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2005 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
Well, I hate to burst your bubble, but DEI makes the Pioneer Sirius receiver, along with most of the other direct connect units availible for other manufacturers. So I guess DEI sucks...huh?? And if Pioneer sucks so bad why do they own over 30% of the headunit market share, which is leaps and bounds over the next closest manufacturer? Odd huh??
nguyenk 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2005 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
Well, I tried to clean it with the lens cleaner but it didn't work. Opened it up and could really find the lens so I guess it's going back to Pioneer. It's out of warranty too, it's going to hurt... This is the last time I paid more than $1500 for any pieces of mobile electronics. It's just not worth it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic