icon

Battery Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spootydlux4 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2005 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  
OK i have an 02 Chevy silverado with the factory charging system still except for a battery terminal. Everynow and then my truck won't start unless i tighten the pos terminal or move it if i can cuz it is pretty damn tight. This started about a year ago when i got a new tsunami terminal (with a small extension for an amp wire)  that was too long and i had to put washers on it to keep it tight. So i got a shorter one thinking it would solve the problem. Nope, now it does it even more frequently. I went to autozone and had my alternator tested and it was fine. Then I had my battery tested and the dude says it was time for a new one, which i figured he was just saying that to make me buy one. But sometimes the battery wont even maintain a steady charge while driving, it will drop well below 11 volts. I don't know. someone help meeeeee!!!!!!!
blah blah blah blah
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2005 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  
If your positive battery terminal keeps loosening because the bolt is no good then throw it out and get a good one. They are usually very cheap and include a threaded section with a nut to attach an additional power cable. Make sure there is no corossion on either the positive or negative post. Trace the battery's main chassis ground down to the bolt above the driver's side tow hook. There are two ground wires there and I guarantee the connection is crap. Clean the excess undercoating away and sand the connections clean. Spray them with a protective coating afterwards to keep them good.
sparky
spootydlux4 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2005 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
I have one of those terminals. It is gold plated and made by tsunami. That is the one i have to tighten but it is in no way, loose from the battery( the nut is starting to get stripped because i can't tighten it anymore). there is no corrosion i clean and check it regularly. i will check the ground but i don't think that is the problem if it came from the factory like that.
blah blah blah blah

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic