Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Asmodeus 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2005 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  

Vehicle: 2005 Honda Accord

Remote Start Unit: OMEGA RS-3A Add-On Remote Start Module

OK what I need is a bypass module that is NO KEY REQUIRED...

I have looked at www.bypasskits.com and omega both have one that is Key Required.... I will use it if I have to but I would rather not...

If someone can steer me in the right direction to finding one I would appreciate it...

2005 Honda Accord, remote start prob -- posted image.
Making the World A Louder Place
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 09, 2005 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  
sorry, even DEI lists this vehicle as needing a universal bypass......
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
snguyen 
Silver - Posts: 281
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2005 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  

PKH3 at bypasskit.com does not require a key, but u will need the key to program it the first time.  

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2005 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
I use the PKH3 all the time on that car. No key required. Works perfect every time.
If you have an Accord EX with the factory alarm, I suggest getting an HODL2 from bypasskit.com too. That way you won't have to run wires into the door for factory alarm arm/disarm. If you have an LX, don't bother with the HODL2.
stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2005 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  

jworm, your better then i.,..i used a pkh3 and no way could i get it to work....i ran to the local honda dealer and connected to the same wires and stuff...worked perfect .....just really hate the alarm module wire.

Tri County KustomZ
certified installer
Asmodeus 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  

OK I have bought the PKH3 from Bypasskits ....Now what I need is some exra information..

I am new to Car Alarms and Remote Starts....And the instructions that came with this unit arent that clear....

I understand that I have to get the wire from the OMEGA Remote start (Ground out when running) and ground for the unit....in the instructions it has an ECM and it has some weird splicing diagram and I am not sure what to do with the BLUE and the RED from the Bypass kit....Also I am having a Dumb moment what is ECM???and where is it in the car...

JWORM you stated that you used that module on this car all the time...Any advise from you to a newbie like me...And tips???

Thanks again

2005 Honda Accord, remote start prob -- posted image.
Making the World A Louder Place
ringojam 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
Well down here on the new accords we use the directed model555h . It works great but when cutting the imobilizer wires they need to be solderd if you use butt connectors the resistance is too much and it cant read the key .
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2005 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
Asmodeus wrote:

I understand that I have to get the wire from the OMEGA Remote start (Ground out when running) and ground for the unit....

I always connect the black ground from the PKH3 to the BROWN / yellow ground wire in the 7 pin connector
Asmodeus wrote:

in the instructions it has an ECM and it has some weird splicing diagram and I am not sure what to do with the BLUE and the RED from the Bypass kit....Also I am having a Dumb moment what is ECM???and where is it in the car...

Cut the BLACK / YELLOW wire in the 7 pin connector. The blue wire from the PKH3 goes to the side of the wire coming from the key cylinder. The RED wire goes to the other side. Don't worry about where the ECM is....
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2005 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  
most honda and acuras now will use 556H. its a good thing DEI figure everything out and put it into one unit.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2005 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
bypasskits sometimes have some very confusing instructions, luckily they have some pretty knowledgeable tech support 877-212-8058 they are always willing to go out of their way to help with any problems ive ever encountered with their products.
Mike Battaglia
Specialized Car Audio
Bensenville IL 60106
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic