icon

DEI 528T Information?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KBToys 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2002 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  

I just recived the pulse timer and hopefully it will work for what I need it. Anyway I am a little confused what the wires are for. I know what the red, black, BLACK/ stripe wires are. I don't know what the brown, orange and yellow  wires are for. Here is what they explain the wires are 

Brown - Normally Open

Orange - Normally Closed

Yellow - Common

Can anybody tell me what these wires are used for?                                               

trusdamanr 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2002 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  

check this out youll understand it  more than me trying to explain it.. https://www.the12volt.com/relays/relays.asp

djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2002 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
its just like a relay just tell or set it up for what you want liek to make a pos 90 sec output relay you look at little directions and figure what wire is for what pin and for negative to possitive , you use pin 87, and 86 to a constant 12 fused. pin 30 output, and pin 86 the negative input pin 87a not used this will make the relay send out a possitive signal for 90 secs unless you time it for lower.,
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
joelr7309 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2002 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  
What does a Pulse timer do anyways?  is that a relay and what can you use it for, example, 
the rookie!~
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2002 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
A pulse timer basically functions as a relay that remains closed for a set amount of time.  The DEI unit was primarily developed to use with remote starts in diesel engines; since modern diesel engines have glow plugs which heat the engine up when the key is turned to run, the engine should not be cranked until the glow plugs have finished preheating the engine.  Carmakers put a wait-to-start light in to let the driver know when to crank the engine, but sometimes a remote start cannot use that light as a guide, and has to use a timer instead.  As far as other applications, the sky's the limit.  I know a guy who had a horn that played a song and needed a couple seconds to make sound after being switched on, and we were thinking of using a timer controlled by his unlock outputs to make that happen.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
Eric20 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2002 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  

The pulse timer is a timer used in a remote starter for diesel engines. On the newer vehicles the wait to start is not sent by wires but rather a bus module, so there is no wait to start wire to connect to, it's like an external timer that is adjustable in time setting. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic