the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Installers' Product Review...Give info guys!!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Sound Pressure 
Silver - Posts: 711
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2002 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  

Hey death,

I'm with you on the D.E.I.  Love it to death. Installers' Product Review...Give info guys!! - Page 2 -- posted image.Installers' Product Review...Give info guys!! - Page 2 -- posted image.Installers' Product Review...Give info guys!! - Page 2 -- posted image.Installers' Product Review...Give info guys!! - Page 2 -- posted image.Installers' Product Review...Give info guys!! - Page 2 -- posted image.

Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!
DeathsJester12V 
Silver - Posts: 352
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2002 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  

TY Sound.....

and especially with what DEI is doing..taking the installers, least fav. vehicle..or what seems to be at the last two shops I worked at...the GM vehicle and making it easy..word is...they're working with DEI to make all DEI products plug and play with newer GM's...I hope they do..but taht is just a rumor...

Đễẳ†ђş 12\/ Ĵęśŧē®™
DeathsJester12V 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2002 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  

What do you wanna know about the Wasp 718W..........

it's your basic, bottom of the barrel DEI alarm...Shock sensor, 6 tone siren, code hopping technology, warn away, etc....no keyless, no remote start.....well the keyless could be done on arm and disarm...but would take a couple of relays...it's a good alarm..simple to install etc...but I'd still go with a Sidewinder 6500 ESP

Đễẳ†ђş 12\/ Ĵęśŧē®™
Sound Pressure 
Silver - Posts: 711
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2002 at 1:09 AM / IP Logged  

Wooohooo!!

Hope that rumor is true. Just plug and go. What more can we ask for. I know plenty more but let's see how true this one is.

Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!
Player69 
Silver - Posts: 504
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2002 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  

Plug and play = your job gone!  If all alarms and remote starts were plug and play, shops would only need 1/10th the number of installers.

DeathsJester12V 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2002 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  

Player...I hear ya....

And you had a good argument...so my punk @ss picked up the phone, and called ( we'll call him Ricky )..Ricky, to ask him about this rumor...Since he is the one that told me....

The fear that installers would not be needed...I am glad to say, is non-existent..

Here's why.......

If DEI and GM do go through with this....

It will not be plug and play for the Power, Ignition, Shock sensors, window controls, power locks etc...( well the power locks are possible, but are not the main reason for this )......

the main reason for this, is mostly to simplify the installation of Remote Start, and bypassing the factory alarm...which I like...no longer having to deal with Passlocks...as well as some of the other problems we run in with......

But we will still be needed, for door triggers, power hook up, siren install, sensors, etc...all it would do is speed our work up...and depending where you work....the more you install the more you make...and this would speed up installation time..

So it's for that reason...I hope DEI does it, and this isn't a rumor started by someone to feed false hope...

Đễẳ†ђş 12\/ Ĵęśŧē®™
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic