icon

Best Subs Out There?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
v-TECH 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2005 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  
Hello, i'm pretty new to the whole audio business and i'm planning to buy subs for my car. Could anyone recommend me on what kinds of subs i should buy? I'm looking to spend around 500-1000 dollars on these subs. Could anyone advise me on which brand i should buy and which brand i should stay away? THanks.
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2005 at 1:24 AM / IP Logged  

What are you going to power them with?

Perhaps a statement like best subs for my musical tastes or space requirements etc, more precise perhaps. This will be helpful in helping you get something to match your needs. There are some subs that are better for pure volume but don't necessarily sound too good for example.

Brands to stay away from...Well flashy or items that sound just to good to be true. Use common sense with this one. Audiobahn, sony, pyle, etc. just ask if you have something in mind.

Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2005 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  
dwarren is very correct  its far to open of a ?  we need to know what type of sound you are looking for and as far as brands to stay clear of sony & pyle as far as audiobahn i have had good luck with there higher end stuff i dont think there entry level stuff is worth the money  give some idea on what  type of sound how much are space etc
1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
Autoobsession 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2005 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
You can never go wrong with JL Audio in my opinion.
shawnYarbro 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2005 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  
i have to agree jl audio, hands down
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2005 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
If there was such a sub that was the best out there don't you think every body would one or two?
This business allows for no best gear hands down, only some that is better than others.
Such an ignorant statement, with no backing.
racer427 
Silver - Posts: 381
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2005 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  

And it really depends on what you are looking to acheive with the subs.

Do you want pure raw SPL or Pure SQ or a combination of both?

How much space do you have available for the enclosure?

What do you plan to power them with?

Will you be willing to upgrade the Big *3* ?

Chris

Alpine CDA-9833 HU
Diamond Audio M661 Components
MTX Thunder T6.6 Components:rear fill:
Cadence Q400 4 Channel Mains + rears
Thunder 801D Subs
MTX 1004 10's
Dual 4g wire to rear
4g grounds
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2005 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
And so I don't simply "ditto" the other comments about there being no such thing as "the best" gear, I can also say that $1000 is a very low budget for "the best" of anything.  If you can give us more info, like what you want to accomplish, what your amp is, if you plan to build an enclosure yourself or if your budget has to include the enclosure, etc. we might be able to help guide you to some options in your price range.
Support the12volt.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic