icon

Prewire Harness

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
LqDFx 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2005 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
Can I get a prewired harness for a 90 Mustang to go with a Code Alarm? Even if I have to hack a different alarm companys harness, I just do not want to cut an splice my factory wiring!
vseth 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2005 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  

Having just gone through my first alarm/starter install myself, I'd definately recommend using a harness for your alarm installation. The amount of wiring connections required with the main ignition harness certainly result in a congested setup. I'd recommend just getting the Male and Female ignition harness plugs from the ford dealer, and customizing it yourself. Another advantage it'll provide you is that, you can do a lot of the soldering work between the ignition harness and alarm brain outside the car ( rather than soldering under the steering ), and then just plug it in.

I have'nt myself tried the harness approach, but it certainly seems like a good idea. I'm sure there are a lot of people on this forum who've tried it out, who could give you some feedback on this. Plus any other installation tricks.

jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2005 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
Soldering the ignition wires is the easiest part of the install on most cars. finding, testing, and soldering the rest of the wires will take much longer, so you really aren't saving much time by using a T-harness. It will only save you some time under the dash, but not much in my opinion.
You will still have to tap into the rest of the wires like parking lights, brake, door locks, and tach.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2005 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  

I would just go with the Factory wiring and solder the conections...

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 12, 2005 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  
Powermyster wrote:

I would just go with the Factory wiring and solder the conections...

I agree....that way if theres ever a problem, you wont have to wonder if this lame harness has failed. This kinda stuff happens. Have faith in your ability to do it correctly

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic