icon

2002 Acura TL, Viper 791xv + 530t

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
f00dstamps 
Copper - Posts: 132
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2005 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
while my friend was driving to my city to get his Viper 791xv + 530t installed by me, his passenger side front window broke on the highway. it just shattered.
i finished the install sunday night and he was taking it to my cousin's auto glass shop to get the glass fixed monday morning so he could drive home (rain) in time for work.
i tested to see if the window worked near the beginning of the install. it appeared to work correctly from the driver's controls. i did not test it from the passenger controls. some time passed (hours) before i installed the window modules.
i installed the window modules and the driver's side works flawlessly but the passenger side doesn't work. when you press down on the button, you hear a relay click but you hear nothing when you press the up. i believe the window was in the lowest position.
i doubt the switch is the problem since even the 530t doesn't activate the window. i installed this almost exactly as the driver's side except the installation on the driver's side was done between that module and the switch. i think the motor has gone bad. is this possible in such a new car? is it a result of my install or a result of the glass shattering? any ideas?
us_test 
Copper - Posts: 200
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2005 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  

Did you use fuses for window outputs?  Well relay clicks so it is making the connection.  Check the window fuse.  Check the wiring on the relay make sure is setup correcley (if it is)-then try disconnecting the relay and just using the switch on the door.  If possible try using the other relay which works.

f00dstamps 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2005 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
i did not use fuses for window outputs? is it imperative to use them? i understand the purpose but i thought the current would be internally regulated.
i reconnected the factory set up using the door switch and the same thing happens, nothing on up but a relay click on down.
my friend already went home so i don't have my hands on it anymore. he'll be back in a few weeks so i'll look at it again.
f00dstamps 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2005 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  
do i need to wire up the "disarm defeat" wire? i wired up the keysense wire and it appeared to work correctly. i remote started it multiple times... even in front of the customer... he gets home and the factory alarm goes off with remote start. ideas?
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2005 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
You  need to hook up that wire. It is trigger the factory alarm on that car. If you disarm the car first then it won't do that. But it is kind of a hassle to remember that. So just hook up the disarm defeat wire and you'll be fine. If you need the location of the wire just say something.
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
f00dstamps 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2005 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
DISARM DEFEAT      lt. GREEN/ red            passenger MUX module *3
that is the information i have. i just need to hook this up to ground during remote start wire right? do i need to diode isolate anything?
f00dstamps 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2005 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  
ok, i got the window modules working correctly but i think in the installation process i may have damaged something.
THINGS THAT WORK: windows vent with trigger, windows roll all the way down with latched trigger, windows roll up with arm.
THINGS THAT DON'T WORK: driver cannot control RF window UP. it rolls down just fine but it cannot roll up. however, the RF switch controls the window UP and DOWN.
initially, i hooked the 530t to the wrong blue / YELLOW wire in the RF door panel. perhaps, i caused the switch in the driver's door to burn out? is it possible to have the wires hooked up incorrectly but the 530t features still work as described?
also, there is a slight delay on the roll down of the RF window.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic