icon

Volume goes out

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Htownmalu 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2005 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
This is the problem i am experiencing. i currently have a pioneer deh 8400mp which i had for about 2 years and i have a 4 channel amp powering all 4 inside speakers..
Now when i have the volume on high, the volume from all 4 speakers will turn off then turn on then turn off. i am not sure why that is happening. i checked all the wires today to see if it was loose and no problem. if i have the speakers on a low sound i have no problem. the volume just goes out when i turn up the sound.. Any suggestions? Thanks
furflier 
Copper - Posts: 236
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2005 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
It could be one of your speakers crapping out. Ohm your speakers out make sure they are within range of your amp. Also are your gains set right?
Htownmalu 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2005 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
see thats what i thought at first but when this happens all 4 inside speakers goes out though and comes back for one second then turns off for one sec and turns back on for an another second.
Htownmalu 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2005 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
ya the gains are set right and its been on the same settings ever since i got the amp so i dont think thats the issue though.
Htownmalu 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2005 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
any more inputs?? could it be that my amp is going out>>>
04mdx4sq 
Copper - Posts: 111
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2005 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  
Have you checked your power, ground and remote turn on. Power issues can cause an amp to do this.
04 MDX - Clarion DRZ9255 / MB Quart QAA4250 / MB Quart QSD216 / Orion Concept 97.2 / JL Audio 10w6v2
91 GMC Syclone - Delco tape deck
90 Syclone powered 2wd S10 (for sale) - Pyle CD / Fosgate 4x6
Htownmalu 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2005 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  
i will check it tomorrow but it only happens when i turn up the speakers but if the volume is in low to medium no problem atall. i am going to recheck my gain settings tomorrow also.
shiftmx11 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2005 at 12:47 AM / IP Logged  

i know you check all the spekers but, it sounds like a small short on your speakers the eazy way to check this PULL THE SPEAKER WIRE OUT THE AMP then use a meter and check if any of them might be grounding out. PS if you dont pull them off your amp it will show ground on all of them. good luck man i feel your pain.

here a older post same prolem

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=57345&KW=it+shorting+out

Htownmalu 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2005 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  
hmmmm thanks.. i didnt know of that i will check each speaker and see and i will update you guys. thanks again

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic