icon

Which Dei alarm?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
03taurus 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2005 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  

Ok I have decided, after much research to purchase a Dei alarm with the lcd 2way responder.  Is there any difference in the python 881xp, the viper 791xv, and the clifford matrix rsx 3.5.  The only difference I see so far is the price goes up in that order.  I don't want to buy a cheaper model and miss out on a feature I would want later.  As far as I can tell it is just a little bit different remote for the python, but the viper and the clifford are identical other than color. 

Thanks....

03taurus 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2005 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  

Which Dei alarm? -- posted image.

No one has any ideas at to the differernce in these alarms, other than price and the style of the remotes?

dare_ds69 
Silver - Posts: 419
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2005 at 6:53 AM / IP Logged  
VIPER AND CLIFFORD HAS ONE MORE AUX CHANNEL, However phyton has more features like time,alarm timer, program the car if goes below 0 and much more or try the hornet, or valet 554t or 554r nice product I have the Hornet and I love it.Which Dei alarm? -- posted image.
how own your mind, control your life.
MECP certified. always use a DMM
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 21, 2005 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  
you may want to mention that the Hornet/Avital/Valet units are ASK AM and have more features but less range than the FSK Responder units like Clifford and Viper... both are good units you just have to decide if you want to sacrifice features for range or vice versa..... i on the flip side had the Hornet 554 and upgraded to the Clifford 3.5 and would never go back.... ( i do miss the clock though )
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
03taurus 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2005 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the responses so far,

On the Dei website, the python model has the same exact responder screen as the viper and clifford.  I do not see a timer on the python as dare stated.  I am going to steer around the hornet if it has less range.  On the Dei website, it states that the Clifford and the Python has 1/4 mile range, while the Viper has 1/2 mile range.  I guess this is what is different in the models?  If that is the case, I am going for the Viper then.  I just don't understand why they have so many models that do the same thing. 

What I really want is the Clifford Avantguard 5.5X, but I called and they said it would not be available until next year.  Which Dei alarm? -- posted image.

kgerry 
Posted: June 21, 2005 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
the python is the same as the Viper/Clifford units... true Responder with FM broadcast ... range is identical on all three as they use the exact same receiver/antennas....
Kevin Gerry
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2005 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  
yep, only difference is the remotes, and the logo on the brain. other than that, the three units are identical.
03taurus 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2005 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  

Which Dei alarm? -- posted image.

Thanks so much for all the help guys.  This makes it much easier to shop around and get the best price on this unit.  I will be back soon for install help LOL.

I am planning on running two radar sensors, one for the front of my car and one for the rear so that the entire car is covered, I will also be looking into adding a battery back up siren on this.  I may get the remote windows, but I doubt it, since that may get too confusing. 

Thanks again!

kgerry 
Posted: June 22, 2005 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  
just as a last little heads up, the new DEI units (RS and RS/Combo units) coming out this fall will LOOK the same as the existing Responder units but will be AM with diminished range, just like the new security model that came out this spring... they are only Responder looking.....  also, i've usually found just one properly installed radar field sensor is enough to protect most cars.....unless you have a large cargo van, there really isnt any reason to use two of them.....
Kevin Gerry
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
03taurus 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2005 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the heads up Keven on he am AM alarms with the diminished range.  The main reason I am planning on two radar sensors, is the fact that I want it to cover my bumpers, which have been hit  twice in the past month in a parking lot.  I don't want the sensors to go way outside on the sides of my car.  This type of sensor goes in a circular field if I am correct, but I could be wrong.  Any other suggestions would be appreiated.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic