1997 F150 Remote start Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Sierra2700 
Copper - Posts: 117
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2005 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  

97 F150 Non lariat model.

Basically all hooked up, and I can get the vehicle to remote start. But when I try to turn on the A/C it won't work. I put the key in and turn, and the a/c immediatly works. So obviously im not powering up a Accessory, I am powering up Gray / YELLOW and BLACK/ green (accessory 1 and changed my jumper on the RS unit to accessory 2) (5th relay).. I have probed all the wires with a DMM, except for 3 smaller wires in the ignition harness, the 3 smaller wires run up into the ANTITHEFT BOX on the vehicle so I would rather not probe them. Any ideas? For some reason Directech's think there are 3 ignition wires where as Autostart thinkgs there is only 1.

Again remote start is fine, but A/C is a no go. Any help appreciated.

Mharvey 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Sierra2700 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2005 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
I noticed that as well, but why would 2 of the biggest companies not have that listed wires correctly? I am using autostart and Directed for wire guides. I will try to wire up a relay to run 3 ignition wires..... Sigh.... to bad no remote start manufacturer makes a unit with an extra 2 onboard relays.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 16, 2005 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  

Sometimes it is best to MAP a Ignition Switch, even if you have the Info

Ignition Switch Layout.

Ignition #1- D BLUE/GREEN............Powers Ignition Coil (Primary Ignition).
Ignition #2- GRAY / YELLOW.............Powers Blower Motor
Ignition #3- L BLUE/PINK.............Powers Rear ABS Module (W/Rear ABS Only)
Ignition #4- RED / BLACK...............Powers Heat/AC Controls * Accessory- BLACK/ L GREEN.............Powers Radio & Windshield Wipers.
* Found In Some As RED / L BLUE.

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
Sierra2700 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2005 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the help. I got it wired up with out using a 3rd ignition. I just wired up the blower and the AC/Heat, I left the Radio off. No need to have the radio playing with I RS.

Now my problem is the last 4 wires, Door locks, I did a search for this, and couldn't find the location using the search method and couldnt post because of locked threads. I Pulled the side kick panel off and found 3 wire harnesses, and probed the wires there. Can someone give me point to look for the wires, such as closer location?

The next wire Im looking at connecting is the Re-arm wire for security, Im not sure if I need it for a 97, it does not have keyless entry, but under the ignition barrel, there is a white unit that says Factory alarm bla bla bla.

Thanks for the help guys. As always.

Sierra2700 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2005 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  

Still looking for door locks? I need a place that has ample room to mount 2 relays because it is a 5 wire setup. Thanks again.

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 24, 2005 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  

Sometimes the wires are hard to get to.....you can get them in the door pillar boot that goes into door.  Relays can go behind Kick Panel or under dash

Power LockPINK / YELLOWDRIVER KICK *
Power UnlockPINK/L GREENPANEL
* Without OEM Keyless Entry ... Reversal Rest At Ground Door Locks
With OEM Keyless Entry ...  Negative Pulse Door Locks

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic