icon

1998 Accord

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mbsaudio 
Copper - Posts: 80
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2002 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
I'm trying to install a remote starter in a 1998 accord.  Vehicle starts okay bur I cannot find the factory disarm wire anywhere.  According to the data base it is a blue wire in the drivers door.  There are two blue wires in the door but they go to the power mirrors.  Is there some other way to disarm it.  The unit is only a starter, no alarm.  Also, I can't seem to get the lock/unlock wires anywhere except at the switch which will be a pain to get to.  The vehicle has keyless entry and power trunk on the factory remote.1998 Accord - Last Post -- posted image.
securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2002 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
the wire will be at the back of the door with the panel removed coming from the key cylinder and also at the switch harness in the driver door . also the lock are in the passenger side bcm and are BLACK/ blue for lock and orange for unlock coming in from passenger door this is for the ex model and will disarm the alarm but also unlock at same time.
mbsaudio 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2002 at 6:53 AM / IP Logged  
1998 Accord - Last Post -- posted image.Thanks securinu, I'll check that out.  I assume that it is a negative trigger?  Also,  will I have to program the remote to unlock the doors before remote start or just use the alarm disarm wire from the remote unit to tap into the blue wire at the key cylinder?  Thanks again.
Oc768 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2002 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  

As long as you have unlocked or disarmed the factory alarm, you should have no problem starting it .  I presently have the momentary (neg. trigger) from my remote starter going to the org. coming in from the passengers door.  When I trigger the remote starter it pulses the trigger .5 sec. before it triggers the starter and all is well.   

Yes, I beleive all triggers are (-) in this situation as well (lock,unlock etc.) as they are just passing the ground back to the input of the multiplexer. 

mbsaudio 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2002 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks again securinu.  One final question.  By tapping into the orange wire will the doors become unlocked before remote start.  If so how can I get around that;  customer didn't like that idea.(He'll be back on Sunday)1998 Accord - Last Post -- posted image.
securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2002 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
go into the driver door for the blue disarm wire this only disarms doesnt unlock . the orange wire does also unlock.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic