icon

Autopage RS-855LCD, 97 Dodge Neon

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kvnband 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2005 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  
OK, installed my 855 LCD today. Works like a charm. Locks, unlocks, trunk, temperature, everything is great. HOwever, I decided to try every sensor to make sure all were working. Went and shook the shock sensor a little bit, alarm siren sounded, (and WOW is it loud). Went to remote to disarm and silence siren, and realized I had no idea how to. Went and grabbed the manuals, and can't find ANYTHING about how to silence the alarm after it's been triggered. So right now the battery is disconnected but everytime I re-connect it, the alarm sounds again. Any help about how to silence the alarm would be appreciated.
Kevin
OhioMike1101 
Silver - Posts: 343
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2005 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
press the unlock button
kvnband 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2005 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
Meh, figured it out. It seems that in like the first 3 seconds of the alarm going off, if you try to disarm it, it won't do it. But yeah, it is the unlock button, just gotta wait a second to do it.
Kevin
kvnband 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2005 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
Just some background information. I am installing an Autopage RS-855LCD alarm into a 97 Dodge Neon.
1. One of my connections is the Turn Indicator Relay Power input. The instructions say that if the car has +12volt switched parking light to not connect and if the car has ground switched parking lights, to ground the wire. So I need to know, do I have +12V switched (I think I do) or do I have ground switched? I have searched all of the net, but can't find the answer.
2. What wire can I tap into under the dash for the tach signal? Or do I have to run a wire to the engine bay? I figure that I'm getting a tach signal to my cluster, so there's gotta be a wire under the dash somewhere.
3. What wire is the dome light wire? For my door trigger (-) I'm using the dome light. When door opens, light comes on, alarm sounds. HOWEVER, do I also hook up the dome light wire from the brains to this same wire?
5. And, my most urgent urgent urgent question (needed for remote start) is this:
On my new alarm system, it's got 3 connections to a +12V power source.
2 fused 20A wires each going to be getting +12V
1 fused 3A wire getting +12V
My question is this: Where do I make all of these +12V connections at? Can I just combine all of those 3 wires together and splice into the Pink/Black wire in the car or what? 1 is just any constant
here is the text describing the other 2
Quote:
Remove the two 20A fuses prior to connecting these wires and do not replace them until the satellite has been plugged into the control module. These wires are the source of current for all the circuits the relay satellite will energize. They must be connected to a high current source. Since the factory supplies (+) 12V to the key switch that is used to operate the motor, it is recommended that these wires be connected there.
Note: if the factory supplies two separate (+) 12V feeds to the ignition switch, connect one RED wire of the satellite to each feed at the switch.
Thanks,
Kevin
If anyone can answer ANY of these questions, I'd be greatly appreciative.
kvnband 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2005 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
Forgot to mention. I have hooked up power wire 1 (the 3A one) to my vehicle's constant power source, and the alarm functions fine. But I need to know where to connect these other 2 high power power lines.
Kevin
kvnband 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2005 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  
Just some background information. I am installing an Autopage RS-855LCD alarm into a 97 Dodge Neon.
1. One of my connections is the Turn Indicator Relay Power input. The instructions say that if the car has +12volt switched parking light to not connect and if the car has ground switched parking lights, to ground the wire. So I need to know, do I have +12V switched (I think I do) or do I have ground switched? I have searched all of the net, but can't find the answer.
2. What wire can I tap into under the dash for the tach signal? Or do I have to run a wire to the engine bay? I figure that I'm getting a tach signal to my cluster, so there's gotta be a wire under the dash somewhere.
3. What wire is the dome light wire? For my door trigger (-) I'm using the dome light. When door opens, light comes on, alarm sounds. HOWEVER, do I also hook up the dome light wire from the brains to this same wire?
5. And, my most urgent urgent urgent question (needed for remote start) is this:
On my new alarm system, it's got 3 connections to a +12V power source.
2 fused 20A wires each going to be getting +12V
1 fused 3A wire getting +12V
My question is this: Where do I make all of these +12V connections at? Can I just combine all of those 3 wires together and splice into the Pink/Black wire in the car or what? 1 is just any constant
here is the text describing the other 2
Quote:
Remove the two 20A fuses prior to connecting these wires and do not replace them until the satellite has been plugged into the control module. These wires are the source of current for all the circuits the relay satellite will energize. They must be connected to a high current source. Since the factory supplies (+) 12V to the key switch that is used to operate the motor, it is recommended that these wires be connected there.
Note: if the factory supplies two separate (+) 12V feeds to the ignition switch, connect one RED wire of the satellite to each feed at the switch.
I have hooked up power wire 1 (the 3A one) to my vehicle's constant power source, and the alarm functions fine. But I need to know where to connect these other 2 high power power lines.
Thanks,
Kevin
If anyone can answer ANY of these questions, I'd be greatly appreciative.
gcorrea 
Silver - Posts: 436
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2005 at 1:26 AM / IP Logged  

you have  positive swtched parking lights

get your tach at the engine bay

direct wire does not show a domelight wire for your car so ill have to get back on that

your car has two 12 volt sources, use one for the main power on the rs and the other for the other wires.

gcorrea
kvnband 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2005 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged  
Positive switched lights...CHECK
Tach in engine bay.....CHECK
I know which wire is my dome light wire. But my thing is this...I am already hooking up the door trigger wire to the dome light wire. Is it OK to hook up the dome light wire to that same wire?
Do you know where these two 12 volt sources are at? I know where one is, as I'm tapped into it right now. But I need to know where the other one is.
Thank you very much.
Kevin
kvnband 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2005 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  
OK, are you sure I have positive switched lights? I kept the line connected as the book says, and connected another wire to my parking light wire (BLACK / YELLOW under dash) but my parking lights don't flash.
Kevin
kvnband 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2005 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  

I'm attempting to install an Autopage RS--855LCD into my 97 neon.  The only thing i can't get working is remote start.  All of the sensors and everything work great.  Now to my woes.

I wired up the remote start wires.  Hooked the two power wires into my ignition switch harness power wire, hooked all of the additional ignition wires up, hooked starter wire up....Went to learn the RPMs, BUT when I started the car (with key) for the brains to learn the RPMs, the system didn't pick up that the car was on.  I know my RPM wire is right, but could another wire be doing this?  So, I went and set it to timed start, just to see if I could start the car at all.  When I press the remote start, the gauges all come to life, the pumps all energize, but that's it.  I can hear the relays in the brain clicking, but that is all that happens.  After about 10 seconds, my remote beeps, and the startup sequence stops.  That's it.  BTW, this is going into a Manual tranny car, and the neutral safety switch is hooked up (not grounded).  Just hoping that someone can help.

Kevin

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic