icon

2001 bmw 330ci rs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
riceman 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2005 at 2:03 AM / IP Logged  
Has anyone dealt with this problem before? I installed a viper 791xv into a 01' bmw 330ci and I did the parking light relay exactly like the dei diagram. The parking lights work fine. When I RS the headlights would come also. Is there any way to do it where the headlights dont come on during remote start? thanks
dare_ds69 
Silver - Posts: 419
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2005 at 6:11 AM / IP Logged  

i Have the same problem, the solution is that u have to go to each head light and use a relay

86 12v fused

85 blue/white from R/S

87a cut the wire of the headlight ( or the HID ballads)

30 the other part of the wire.

this way is going to prevent the headligths to turn on only when you do R/S2001 bmw 330ci rs - Last Post -- posted image.

how own your mind, control your life.
MECP certified. always use a DMM
riceman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2005 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the reply dare_ds69. I already knew you could do it like that but was wondering if there was any other way to do it? I.E get parking lights somewhere else maybe? I would rather not run wires into the engine compartment unless I had to. So if anybody else got any suggestions I would really apperciate it thanks.
OhioMike1101 
Silver - Posts: 343
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2005 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  

I did one a while back and had the same thing.  I left it as it was.  The thing I did not like was that the dome light came on when the IGN wire was not powered....  If you RS the car it was fine, but if you turn it off or let it run out of time, the car kicked on the dome light and triggered the alarm.

Got a fix for that?

profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2005 at 3:02 AM / IP Logged  
-havent done one but but heres the idea... right after RS, the light will kick in. then open door and shut it. at least i think the light will shut off when close.
-->>so try interrupting the input trigger and door trigger(5 wires, relay) right after RS.
worth a shot.
OhioMike1101 wrote:

I did one a while back and had the same thing. I left it as it was. The thing I did not like was that the dome light came on when the IGN wire was not powered.... If you RS the car it was fine, but if you turn it off or let it run out of time, the car kicked on the dome light and triggered the alarm.

Got a fix for that?

Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2005 at 3:07 AM / IP Logged  
| PARKING LIGHTS +|*4              
*4 Need to remove the light switch module from the dash and pop off the front cover. A ribbon cable which connects the switch to the module will be exposed. With the switch facing towards you, you need to interrupt the fourth wire from the left with a relay. When interrupted the parking lights will come on. See directfax document # 1055 for wiring information.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
dare_ds69 
Silver - Posts: 419
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2005 at 6:29 AM / IP Logged  

Profuse007 everybody thas that way, if you do just an alarm it will work, but once you do R/S headlights come on, and if you have HIDs, headlights blinks twise when u do unlock.2001 bmw 330ci rs - Last Post -- posted image.

for domelight, go to the factory alarm for 325i is behind the globe box there is 4 wires for each door use all and diode isolated that way when the domelight came on, u are not going to have a false trigger.2001 bmw 330ci rs - Last Post -- posted image.

how own your mind, control your life.
MECP certified. always use a DMM
riceman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2005 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the reply everybody. So I guess the only way to turn off the headlights is to go into the engine with two relays then. I was dreeding that. But you got to do what you got to do those HID bulbs and ballast ain't cheap when they wear out from the constant on and off. thanks dare_ds69 I go and look for the indivual door triggers for the dome light issue. Bimmers what a pain in the *** thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic