icon

explod

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
NeXeA500 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2002 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys, sorry I am asking so many questions, but you guys are damn good at answereing them. Anyway, i have another...

If i got 2 sony 12' explod subs, would an 800 watt xplod amp be an adequate power giver?

And also, does anybody know if the explod amps are very good?

Thx again guys.

NeXeA500 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2002 at 8:10 AM / IP Logged  
I mean xplod... doh!
NyxBass 
Silver - Posts: 226
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2002 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  

I'm pretty sure it would push them just fine. As to the quality of the amps, I have heard mixed reviews. The overall trend seems to be that they are on par with most of Sony's gear - low to mid level gear, at slightly inflated prices, that usually is alright, but nothing special or spectaular. I defnitely wouldn't call them high end, but hjave seeen some good installs with them, and they do seem to be popular. You might check out www.epinions.com to see what others are saying. Good luck!

/NyxBass
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2002 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  

for a company with such a fine reputation for electronic manufacturing, sony makes absolutely dreadful car audio.  If one of our customers comes back with a problem, 19 times out of 20 it's a defective sony.  To be fair, most people will probably never have a problem with their stuff, but given the other choices you have for the same amount of money, I'd buy something else.

C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
Dan M C 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2002 at 6:37 AM / IP Logged  
I know the manager at one of the shops here and we talk about car audio gear enough,one day i stoped by to pick up some more power cable and when i went to pay for it i saw one of those Sony Xplod 1000 Watt amp by the cash register and i asked what's the story with the amp,i couldn't believe the answer from the store manager : just like it says on it...xploded,for a company that makes most stuff ok,their car audio is far behind everyone else,if you do wanna Sony stuff try at least to find some of their ES line (Elevated Standard...what does that tell you about the non ES stuff...)they even had Xplod ES amps,much better,ask around.Sorry to give you bad news NeXeA500 but get something else because for the same $$$ you can do much better,just a sugestion thou.explod -- posted image.
Dan M C
matrix 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2002 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
I have been working with sony for many years and found that the speakers they make suck.  But the multimedia, headunits, and amps are pretty good.  The thing with the amps are they are pretty weak, but efficient.  They will also last as long as they are treated correctly.  So dont expect the watts the says it will put out, I would half that.
matrixman
Tfrggy 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2002 at 2:47 AM / IP Logged  
i have to agree I have installed alot of Sony Products and they are not that good. The make everything but car audio well. For the exception of there most 2 expensive decks out right now which cost $1000 or $1500 dollars. Other than that you are wasting you money  with Sony. Like anything you get what you pay for.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic