icon

kicker amp problems kx650.4

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ampegamp 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2005 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  
I am running a Kicker KX650.4 amp. Its 4/3/2 channel and I am running it as 2 channel. I have one sub running to the amp1 channel and one sub running to the amp2 channel. I am using the high level signal inputs with the rca dummy plugs in the amp 2 input (per the instruction manual). I am using both sets of high level inputs (1 for amp1 and 1 for amp2). The subs I am using are 12" kicker L5's dual 4ohm coils. When I turn the system on, there is almost No sound coming from the subwoofers. The indicator lights are green, so there shouldnt be a problem. What could the problem be. I wired the coils like the instructions said (series). I checked the ground and it was .09 ohm. The main power coming into the amp was 12.6 volts. The remote turn on read 12.6 volts also. I am using 4 gauge wiring for the power and ground and 16 gauge for the remote wire. The speaker wire is 12 gauge.
There is almost no sound coming from the sub.
methinfinity 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2005 at 2:49 AM / IP Logged  

sup amp, what impedence do your subs read after wiring? 4 ohm? 8 ohm?

i have fit many of this exact kicker amp and have had no problems. i must say though that i haven't high levelled them before, only rcas. check that you have wired the high level part of the install correctly.

good luck

ampegamp 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2005 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged  
The subs are wired at 8 ohm total. The high level shouldnt be a problem, I took the head unit out of my other car (it has rca's) to test the amp, still nothing...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic