the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Clifford RSX 3.5 and RS III Differences?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
RWThrun 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2005 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  

OK,  I bought and had installed a Clifford RSX 3.5  in my truck (about $700).  However, I looked at the module today and it said CLIFFORD RS III.

What are the differences if any???

I am so upset right now!!! 

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 23, 2005 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged  
it must have been a repack... in the brains there is essentially no difference... the big difference was in the Gen II remotes...
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
RWThrun 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2005 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  

Glad to hear they are the same unit!

Do you have the installation guide / manual?  I would like to change some of the programming options (with the learn routine), and cannot get to the install shop.  I am in the military and am unable to leave.  Please let me know when you get a chance.

Thanks,

Ryan

profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2005 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  
nohting really diff, just rs3 has one less operative channel.
if you bought a rsx3.5, then youre entitle one. i suggest goin back to ur installer and get it replace or reimbursement. it may not be an issue but it could happen again to their next customer.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
mancer70 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2005 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
I have a clifford matrix rs3 (III whatever) that i had installed a couple years ago. I know that they (best buy) didn't have a bitwriter to program it. It worked fine for a while. I parked my car for a year, and the battery died eventually. When I went to start using it again, i started losing functions slowly from the remote. I replaced the remote battery, and followed the trouble shooting for reseting the codes in the remote, but at this point, i now have no function out of it. I had to put the car in valet mode because the starter kill kept arming. I also checked the install manual and tried the process of adding a remote (though it's the same old one) but when I go into it to program, it chirps the number of times needed (8) to get to the feature, then i hold the valet switch, but it doesn't seem to recognize when I press the remote button (lock or any others). Am I doing this wrong? It gives a siren for a couple seconds when it exits automatically. A couple times it actually did the siren for a couple seconds when I went to auto program and hit the lock button, but then it still doesn't unlock when I exit. Any hints? BTW it's on a 2002 toyota corolla. Thanks guys.
playr747 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2005 at 6:37 AM / IP Logged  
I have the same problem on my 2.5x. Remote will not transmit to alarm. I have no idea what is wrong. A new remote is expensive and I'm not even sure that is the issue. I have checked everything.
MotherGunner 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2005 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
I have the same alarm and the same problem. Took it back to Best Buy, and they are officially recalled. I have been instructed to send the unit back to Directed Electronics, and have been told that they will replace it with the latest clifford for free!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic