icon

Lines/noise in In Dash 7 monitor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
conlyn 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2005 at 1:39 AM / IP Logged  

i have a 7" in dash pioneer AVX-9000R(brain) and 7000(indash) set up in my gmc typhoon...

i have had the system running for a few weeks now, and since the first day i've had nothing but problems in trying to get rid of the video distorition i get while the motor is running. When i first installed it was the same thing, so i took the crappy wires i had running to my stock radio harness and rewired my tv power and ground to more stable connections in/near my fuse box... well, this didn't help, and after about a week of driving around dealing with this, i got tired of it... and ran both my power and ground in 14gauge form to the back of my truck(rear mount battery) because i had read that that the brain and monitor would be out of sync with different grounds, well, that did shhh. so weeks later brings me to tonight, and this step, my last. I tried 2 different noise filters from the back of old/parts radios i found at a friends house, and still no luck... i'm running out of ideas aside from finding/buying other filters, and that seems kinda pointless right now since neither of the two i tried made any difference at all... and yeah, i tried them both at the connections(pre brain/monitor) and just pre-tv... no luck either way, thanks for any advice, i hope to get this thing working sometime.... it really sucks having music videos look like utter shhh while i'm driving around, not that i stare at them or anything, but the comments form passengers gets me pissy.

Ps: i heard so crap about maybe sparkplug causing it, and as of last week my truck has a whole new IGN. so that can't be it.... And i was also wondering would having my Battery>15 farad Cap>Car system cause this? the wires are run right off the battery terminal and the cap is before the cars electrical system.

dxav 
Silver - Posts: 314
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2005 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
Are you using standard RCAs for the signal? Have you tried 75-Ohm video cable?
DXAV
conlyn 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2005 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  

it's not the A/V side of the connection i'm having the problem with

it has do with the power/ground going to the monitor it's self, because it shows the distortion with or without anything on the a/v side turned on.

dxav 
Silver - Posts: 314
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2005 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
Conlyn,
   So with just power and ground connected (nothing otherwise connected), and the power turned on, you have distortion/static? Have you tried connecting the monitor wires directly to the battery +/-? Make sure there is an inline fuse. Let us know how the picture is. If it is ok, try (carefully!) connecting a A/V source and note the quality.
DXAV
Mayhem_audio 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2005 at 6:51 AM / IP Logged  
conlyn wrote:

i got tired of it... and ran both my power and ground in 14gauge form to the back of my truck(rear mount battery)

matt
conlyn 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2005 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  

turns out it is comming from the RGA pioneer cable, i had tried it with the brain disconnected and it did the same thing.

i have tried to ground the case of the brain to a few different points  and 2 inline filters, with little resolve, so my next step if i don't figure something out i'm going to bring it to a pioneer specific install shop and tell them to figure it out...

might be my RGB cable its' self, who knows?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic