icon

Honda Acoustic Feedback Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
GMC4x4Guy 
Copper - Posts: 117
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2005 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  
I did a search, but this question was never answered, that I could find anyway.
2000 Prelude with acoustic feedback. Front speakers work fine but there is no sound out of the rear speakers. The only wire that I did not connect behind the dash is the RED / black wire, which is for the dimmer. I should have checked before the install, but my sister swears that the rear speakers worked with the factory head unit.
As I understand it, there is an amp for this system, but no remote wire???
Any help is greatly appreciated. A hunderd or so successful installs, an I look like an idiot in front of my sister. Go figure...
P.S. It's a clean install. All wires soldered and taped. No chance of a short either.
"Drive it like you stole it"
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2005 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  
hook the factory back up and see if they work with that plugged in.     If you cut the wires that really a hard option though.       I would test your rear speaker wires with a battery to see if they are correct.      you could also try running a piece of speaker wire from the unit to the rear speakers to see if there is a short somewhere,    or if the speakers are blown.
Is it a new radio? here is another dumb question, but could be a possibility,   the fader isnt set all the way to front is it.
not an insult, but I have had many brain farts before
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
GMC4x4Guy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2005 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
I can't do the battery thing because of the feedback system; nothing makes to the speakers. There are no shorts and both speakers are within specs for impedance. I would just bypass the Honda setup and go right to the speakers, but the factory speakers are 2-ohm.
I was going to hook up the factory deck again, but of course you need the code and of course she doesn't have it.
GMC4x4Guy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2005 at 4:10 AM / IP Logged  
Any other suggestions? Anybody?
The head unit does have output to the rear speakers. I did check that also. And the head unit isn't faded to the front either.
evanc 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2005 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  

I know nothing about the Honda Acoustic Feedback or whatever it is...so if that makes what I say sound dumb, then ignore me.

I would recommend hooking the front speakers to the rear speakers output on the radio, and vice versa.  That should let you know if its the radio itself, the speakers, or the car. 

For instance, if you switch it around, and now the front speakers don't play but the rears do, you know its the radio.  However, if the fronts play, but the rears still don't its either the speakers or the car.  Just a way to narrow the problem  down.

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2005 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
I forget where the amps are located but they require a signal from the factory HU that I believe is sent over the speaker wires.  I don't think you can power them with an aftermarket setup but someone else may know differently.  That auto-eq auto-volume system is really not very good and requires the factory HU to work.  Also the amps and speakers are sub-par.  If it was me, I'd bypass the whole system and install good speakers as well.
Support the12volt.com
GMC4x4Guy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2005 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
That's starting to sound like my only option DYon. Thanks for the replies guys.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic