icon

Problems with Eclipse AVX2404 /Vizualogic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
808vip 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2005 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
My system in my 2005 Hummer has been plagued with problems..but this one won't go away..
When i drive my truck for about 20 min. the 9" vizualogic headrests turn blue and won't play till i turn the truck off then back on again.. my dealer has sent both the Eclipse and Vizualogic back and they worked fine for about a week then "poof" it's starts all over again...
i'm at my wits end.. it's been 6 months and i still can't get this problem sovled.
Has anyone had similar problems with these two products? Anyone ever fix a problem like this ? Please post in.. any help would be greatly appreciated.
bigRon 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged  
It's possible you might need a video amplifier, we use to have to use them on older vizualogic headrests, we now use the vizualogic dvd and do not need a video amplifier, we use to get the same symptom, will go to blue screen.
RonB/Esound
808vip 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2005 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  
thanks bigRon I'll be passing this info to my installer tomorrow.. they are going to bench test my set up.. and i'm having them replace what ever needs to be replaced with new ones.. i remember my installer saying something about a video amp but don't know if it was installed.. again thanks bigRon..
808vip 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2005 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  
just got back from the stereo shop and they have my h/u hooked up to another Vizualogic headrest monitor.. they said they've had it playing for over an hour and it hasn't turned off.. they said they installed a video amp before and that it didn't help(they were referring to the first time this started happening)... my installer is going to change out the rca cable but isn't sure why my system turns off when it's in my truck
808vip 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2005 at 1:29 AM / IP Logged  
ok got my truck back on saturday and all they had to change was the rca cables...so far so good only now i've got more engine noise when the xbox is being used..
does anyone know if engine noise from a fm modulator or xbox has been covered? i ran a search and read a ton of good posts but i still haven't found one?
any help would be greatly appreciated.
808vip 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2005 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  

My problems hasn't gone away.. the monitors are going blue again..

Does anyone know what procedures an installer must do to troubleshoot my problem? I want to be sure my shop is doing everything it can to remedy this problem, as i have had this problem since January.

They said they bench tested both the head unit and the monitors but could not reproduce the problem.  If anyone has had this problem and successfully had it fixed would you please post in.

Thank you, any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

sienna 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2005 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
What model of headrest monitors do you have? I have the A-1000 Single DVD Vizaulogic system and had a similar problem with mine. My screens would lock-up (blue screens with no response to any commands) only after starting the truck. The system would function normally in the ON/ACC key position. I added a holding circuit on the IGN PWR input to the A/V Control module so as not to lose the IGN PWR during the engine start. This has solved my problem. I guess the A/V control module doesn't like the interuption of power. I use the Pulse to Constant relay circuit located in the special application relay circuit post.
808vip 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2005 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  
I have the Advantage series model #82A-99007-XX.. my problem happens about 10-15min into my drive. Since I'm driving there shouldn't be an interruption of power(?) or did my installer screw up and hook the power to something that turns off after the engine has been running or the drive has been engaged for 10-15min?
"I use the Pulse to Constant relay circuit located in the special application relay circuit post."
Sould my installer know what this means?..i'm going to give him all this info and see if it helps.
Thanks for the help!
sienna 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2005 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  
You can find the "Pulsed to Steady Output" circuit following the links on this site : Basics-Relays-Special Applications-Pulsed to Steady Output. *upper lefthand column*. As you mentioned, if you were to lose the ACC power completely, the monitors would just switch off. At this point, it doesn't hurt to try small but simple solutions.  
808vip 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2005 at 3:03 AM / IP Logged  
sorry to revive this post but 3 weeks ago I got a replacement Eclipse AXV2404 and everything was fine.. my system was actually better than before.. the sound quality and video were all better than the original... but then again (poof) my screens are turning blue and my problems with the Vizualogic headrest are back again.
Please if there are any installers who have any clue of what could be causing this please post in.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic