icon

s.r.s.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
travelerljl 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  
I've seen a lot about s.r.s. Maybe someone can tell me what it means. I have a '90 Acura Legend, and the s.r.s. light came on, first just whenever I turned the sterring wheel to one side or the other, and then it came on and stayed. At the same time, my cruise control quit, as well as my horn. I know it's not a fuse, because my horn and brakes are on the same fuse and the brakes work fine. I checked the s.r.s. fuse, and it seems fine. So, what do I have here, and what does s.r.s. stand for?
travelerljl
adrianspeeder 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged  
SRS is for the airbag/seatbelt system. I think it stands for supplemental restraint system, but anyway. No cruse, horn, or the computer cant talk to the airbag (probibly what is causing the light), and it was related to turning the wheel, points to one thing: clocksprings. A clockspring is the flexable electrical connection in the steering wheel that lets you turn the wheel, but still have a complete circuit.
Im not real familiar with anything other than ford trucks, but it is about a half hour job when I replaced them on an airbagless wheel (my 92), and an hour and a half on an airbag wheel (a 94 truck).
Adrianspeeder
'02 F250 PSD, '97 F-150, '71 F-100, '66 F-250, '93, '92, '88, '84 Broncos
Penn State electrical engineerin' major
travelerljl 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks, Adrian. I take it I have to get in the steering column if I hope to fix this problem . . . providing I can.
travelerljl
adrianspeeder 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, once you get your airbag out it is no problem. Thats what took all my time. That fawker is like a bomb, and I went real careful like and slow.
Adrianspeeder.
'02 F250 PSD, '97 F-150, '71 F-100, '66 F-250, '93, '92, '88, '84 Broncos
Penn State electrical engineerin' major
maglin 
Copper - Posts: 206
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2005 at 3:03 AM / IP Logged  
*nods* when i wrecked my 91 geo storm my bag tore on teh steering wheel and proceed to burn the hair off my arm, but only after trying to rip the flesh off first. very painful, very loud. the white flash that went accross the car actaully went right infront of my buddy's face, he thought it was the end of the road for him, myself, i bruised the left side of my face bad enough to feel like i had partial paralysis. *chuckles* it was a shhhty day.
~~Vinn

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic