icon

Siruis Radio and CD Quality Sound

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Poormanq45 
Silver - Posts: 597
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  
See lizard, I told you. Different HUs have different SQ.
Lizardking 
Copper - Posts: 184
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
I knew that already!! When it comes to SQ Eclipse as I said before is about the best you can get.. I don't think the decks are problem its the Sirius Eclipse Tuner that seems to be the problem and not the decks themselves. If the deck was a Pioneer, Alpine, Sony, or some other brand "store" brand I would believe it could be the deck.. But you never know!
Eclipse "Approaching Perfection"
uniball 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Kenwood X889 HU (Sirius ready) w/ Kenwood Sirius tuner SR903 and it sounds GREAT! Sounds like the Sirius tuner to me.Siruis Radio and CD Quality Sound - Page 2 -- posted image. uniball
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
I install for a living, and have done alot of sat. radio. I did read all the other posts but there is a HUGE diffence between the fm mod. units and the dedicated. If you have sat. ready deck buy dedicated, that is better than cd quality. I own sirius and its dedicated and i couldnt be more happy.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged  
349517 wrote:
I install for a living, and have done alot of sat. radio. I did read all the other posts but there is a HUGE diffence between the fm mod. units and the dedicated. If you have sat. ready deck buy dedicated, that is better than cd quality. I own sirius and its dedicated and i couldnt be more happy.
Ummm... Did ya READ my post? We DID buy dedicated... This is what I'm saying. Bought a dedicated tuner - the MANUFACTURER supplied Sirius tuner, with a good deck (it was the 5415), and it still sounds like shhh, compared to even a standard FM broadcast.
As far as your comment "...that is better than cd quality...", you can't be more wrong. Technically, and even subjectively, there is NO WAY, EVER, that a compressed audio stream could even THINK about sounding better than a direct playback from the CD...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Poormanq45 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  
Sure there is ham fist. Take a look at the FLAC codec Siruis Radio and CD Quality Sound - Page 2 -- posted image.
ANyway, I'm still going to say that the problem is caused by the periphrial interface.
Try this once. Do you have a home receiver? If so hook your sat radio tuner up to it via RCA cables. Of course you'll have to hook up a set of speakers. See if that sounds any better.
Lizardking 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  

I'm pretty much convinced its the Sirius Tuner and not the deck.. This is Eclipse's first attempt at Sat radio so I guess it could be the software on the decks as well but highly unlikely.. Both haemphyst and myself do have dedicated tuners if you read the post.

Poormanq45 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  
YEah, I read that.
I just recommended hooking it up to a known good HU(I recommended home receiver) to test the tuner itself
Lizardking 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  
I might just have to do that!!
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
problem her is there is no RCA output for connecting it to any other device than the Eclipse HU.
BTW, FLAC codec is just a lossless compression of the red-book wav format... It STILL can't sound BETTER than the CD source from which it comes, UNLESS the CD source from which it comes is 24/96 or 24/192. Now we all know there is NOBODY using anything THAT high in the resolution stratosphere...
and even then, it WON'T sound better than the original...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic