Kenwood tweeter problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uniball 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  

Hello,

I purchased a set of Kenwood Excelon KFC-XT15ie tweeters new off ebay a few weeks ago. I installed them and go figure the right side tweeter is a NO GO!!! After closer insp. I found the dome damaged under the grill. Both of the crossovers work fine as I checked them both off the good tweeter. I have a set of Kenwood KFC-ST30 tweeters new in the box and was wondering if the crossovers from the XT15ie's would work w/ the ST30's? I will be running the tweeters in parallel w/ my front door speakers. Thanks for any help!   Kenwood tweeter problem -- posted image.   uniball

uniball 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
Help a brotha out! I'm ready to install these badboys ASAP!Kenwood tweeter problem -- posted image. Thanks, uniball
uniball 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
bump
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
I guess everybody's thinking like me:  you bought them "new"...so get them replaced!
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
uniball 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
Stevdart, I bought off ebay a couple weeks ago, ie NO RETURN! Plus I tried to fix the tweeter w/ the ground very hard. So returning is not an option. So will I be able to use the crossovers from the xt15's and use them w/ the st30's? Thanks again, uniball
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  

Probably not, as most crossover/speakers are matched, but you could always check with Kenwood about this.

Next time don't fix things by throwing them real hard on the ground, I usually find that to be a step back.Kenwood tweeter problem -- posted image.

uniball 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, It felt REALLY GOOD @ the time since I knew returning them was not an option. How should I run these tweeters then? Currently running the front/rear speakers off there own channels from my 4 cha amp. Should I just run them off the HU? Thanks, uniball
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  

Your suggestion of uisng the HU is fine, in fact I have dealt with a few installs that did this, however not with a coaxial but a component set that was bi-amped.

You may or may not like the out come. But give it a shot anyway. In the future look into a good component system.

What cross over are you going to use, because you really need one other wise more throwing of tweeters!

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
If there's a difference in the tweeters' frequency ranges, it will probably be only slight.  I can't see any harm in trying it out.  Keep the tweeters and front mids on the two channels of the amp.  The crossover will separate them.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
uniball 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
Excellent down to the garage I go to install these tweeters FINALLY!!! Thanks I let you know how it goes...Kenwood tweeter problem -- posted image.   uniball

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic