icon

Wiring Harness, 2000 Pontiac Sunfire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bluedaisy 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  

I just bought a new CD player for my 2000 Pontiac Sunfire 2Dr Coupe and I can't seem to find the wiring harness for my car, they didn't have it at Wal-Mart. I've never installed a CD player before, so I was wondering if anyone knew what model number Scosche wiring harness I need to buy. Also anything else I might need to know for installing my Pioneer DEH-7700 CD player into this car would be much appreciated. Thanks.

~Kim~

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
Scoshe lists the wiring harness for that car as their model DCGM09.  Metra wiring harness is 70-2005 iIf it has OnStar or 70-2003T if not.  This car has the GM class 2 databus.
Support the12volt.com
bluedaisy 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, but what does it mean that my car has  the GM class 2 databus?
bluedaisy 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  

Why is it so expensive when others cost around $10? All I want to do is connect the wires. Thanks.

rallysport 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
the harness is expensive because it provides a provisiont to relocate your factory radio. it needs to still be connected to the car, you can just put in in the trunk or something
bluedaisy 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
What in the heck do you mean? Why does it still need to be connected? I can't just simply install my new CD player where my factory one is? Thanks.
rallysport 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  
some data that the car needs runs through the headunit, i dont recall exactly what, something about maintence, so you cant just toss it and install an aftermarket in its place. you need to use that harness (its simple to install) and connect your new radio in its place then there is a seperate plug on the harness you connect to the factory radio.
HUtch08 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2005 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
I have the same problem, I just bought a new SONY cd player and it's not working!!! I have a 2000 Sunfire Coupe. Can you still hook it up without using that Socshe Kit??
rallysport 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2005 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
it uses a databus signal to turn on, you have to use the schoshe or metra kit.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 08, 2005 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  

this subject has been done to death... you need the GMRC-01 if not Monsoon or the GMOS-04 if it had a factory Monsoon system....

this is a data interface module and has nothing to do with the dash/install kit  and antenna adapter you also require...

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic