the12volt.com spacer
icon

PS2 install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  

I'm installing a playstation into my car and i'm running into a problem. I hardwired the power inverter to my ing. wire and hooked everything up and when i turned it on there are lines going down my screen. I tried putting the inverter in other locations thinking it was maybe getting interferece but no luck, tried the same with the ps2, no luck. I talked to a few buddies and they said try going right to the battery and same thing. Both ways get the same result. If the car is on acc. it works, whenever the car is running is when i get the lines. I just put higher quality rca cables for the ps2 i'm going to try tommorw and hopefully that will help. The system i'm hooking it up to is the Pioneer AVH-P5700DVD. Any comments?

shiftmx11 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  

friends and i have had the same problem with our sreens before eazy fix just run wire from your ground wire on your radio to your PS2 if it the old ps2 right above your on/off swith there should be a small hole with screw threads take the ground wire and crimp a ring loop on it and screw it in with a small and short screw should fix it

shiftmx11 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  

my bad the screw hole is betweeen the ac power cord and the av cable

PS you need to get the power stright from the battary and use about 10 gaurge wire with a fuse and use a relay to switch on your inverter. a inverter pulls a lot of power and the ing is not a got place to hook it up

Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  
even if its a small 225 watt one? When i pick up anoter relay i will do that though.
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
I tried grounding out the ps2 as you said and it worked but did not eliminate all the lines, probablly because i did that half ass but the new cables i bought had the a/v plus a S video plug as well, when the plug was touching a ground it took away all the lines, since my deck doesn't have a s vid input i just soulderd(spelling?) a wire to the gold tip and grounded that and its 100% now. Thanks for your input man.
shiftmx11 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2005 at 1:39 AM / IP Logged  
cool man glad you got it all fix .that crap can make you mad. smart thinking about the s video plug

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic