icon

Didn't know I had an alarm.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pharm_teg 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 4:49 AM / IP Logged  

Long time lurker, finally joined.  Very informative site.

Anyways, I have a 88 CRX SI that I bought as a project a year ago.  Last week when I was changing out the alternator a alarm siren went off in my car.  It stopped about 90 secs later.  First of all, I never knew I had an alarm.  The seller never mentioned it to me and never gave me a remote.  The odd thing is I have never heard the alarm go off until last week.  I was planning on getting an alarm and actuators soon but I'm wondering if its worth using the old alarm once I find the brain etc?  I did find the siren hidden in the engine bay.  If the brain is in my car, I would assume it is wired and would save me time and money.  Could the siren just have gone off without the brain? Thanks

dare_ds69 
Silver - Posts: 419
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 5:57 AM / IP Logged  
take a look under the dash maybe you will find it .
how own your mind, control your life.
MECP certified. always use a DMM
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  
Try tracing the wires from the siren to the brain. It's not always the easiest thing to do, but it's a starting point.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
pharm_teg 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2005 at 1:18 AM / IP Logged  
Ha! I found the alarm brain under the seat.  It was a PITA to get to.  Whoever installed this thing loomed everything and hid it every well.  For those of you that don't know CRXs..there is very little clearance under the driver side seat.  He hid the alarm well.  I did find out it was a UNGO Box from Techne which is now owned by Clarion.  This thing has a separate relay size box to it labeled as a logicprocessor?  I have to find some more info on this alarm. I would hate to tear it out since all the wiring is already done.  It would be nice to say a few hundred bucks. 
pharm_teg 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2005 at 1:49 AM / IP Logged  

I searched the manuals but none look like the one I found.  The one I found is a gray box with a red status indicator light and a knob, which I assume is used to adjust sensitivity?  The brain has pins sticking out.  Are all of the Ungo alarm brains black?  Help would be appreciated.

jnye6625 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2005 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  
Thats funny that you just happened to run into an alarm... the same exact thing happened to me when i bought a 95 f-150.  I disconnected the battery and when i reconnected the battery the alarm started going off.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic