icon

Best Line Converter for Lexus?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
panerailover 
Copper - Posts: 47
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  
I am kind of new to this. I had 3 systems done in my 3 previous cars, but never was too involved in the process of the who installation. This time I bought 01 GS430 Lexus and wanted to upgrade the sound. I wanted to leave the stock head unit, because it is connected to CD player and steering control, plus I like to have the stock look. I know in order for my after market amps (JL Audio 500/1 and 300/4) to work I would need to have a converter, I believe it is the line converter or someone also mentioned the Hi-Lo Converter. I guess what I am looking for is the amswer as far is which one to buy for the best possible quility of the sound. I was advised to get AudioControl LC6 or Soundgate. I also read the JL Audio Clean Sweep is coming out, but it is like $400. Any one has any idea of what to go with? I found this installer in NYC that installs top end equipment for top end german and italian cars. The guy was very knowledgable and said all the german cars he did were the owner kep stock head unit (Latest Benzs and Range Rovers) he used Soungate 4-channel line output converter LOC4.4. And he said sounded very good. This shop sells Focal and Dynaudio components and Genesis and Mcintoch amps, so I was more comfident with his work then other shops outhere. Also where would you install this converter to prevent the noise, I hear some of them install them in the back of your car where there is less wires from one of the speakerwires? Does that sound normal? I thought the converter will be behind the head unit.
01 Lexus GS430 SOLD.. 04 BMW 545i Sport, NAV Logic7
us_test 
Copper - Posts: 200
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  

Clean Sweep is being long in the making and still not out in volume yet.

The LOC4.4 is nice.  It has adjustable signal imput via knobs.  As far as mounting what you heard is because of power wires to avoid interfereance.  Most good converter feature ground loop siolation to eliminate engine noise but you should still run them separate from power wires or any electic wires.  Kind of hard ro adjust the input level if you install it behind the head unit (eh) that is another reason I think (yeah yeah I know a good installer will set the gain properly the first time but hey you still may need to tweak them right).

(1) Kenwood Excelon Head Unit KDC-X589 (24 bit Burr Brown DAC, 3 X 4 volt RCA).
(1) RF Punch 250A2 - running the components.
(1) Hifonics 6.5" Atlas Components (18db crossovers).
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
I would use the Audio Control 6XS for this task. It will take either a speaker or rca type input from any type of factory audio system. Next it adds a dedicated sub output (with level control), adds separate output gain controls on all channels, adds a awesome 24db slope crossover, adds a internal grounding isolation circuit and best of all it does this in one small easy to use nice looking peice of equipment.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
panerailover 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys.. I love this website. I got a lot of help from peple that know this stuff. Thanks..
panerailover 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  

Hey forbidden,

Where is the best place to buy AudioControl 6xs cheaper. And what is the best way to install it and where?

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  

Buy it from the specialty retailer that knows what it does properly. Dealer installed = 5 year warranty at no charge. As I am in The Great White North Eh! I will not be able to direct you to any US dealers.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
panerailover 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
THANKS MAN. I just called AudioControl spoke to this nice gentleman and he gave me a place that does LC6 and 6xs on all top end cars to go to get my system installed. Thanks again

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic