icon

2WSS-AS on 2002 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jnye6625 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2005 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  
I am installing the compustar 2wss-as system in my 2002 nissan sentra ser spec v.  The car comes from the factory with a keyless entry and there is a red light on the dash that blinks when i press the lock button on the keypad.  Is there any additional modules that i need to install this system?  Do i need to get a bypass module?  Does the key for this car have a chip in it that would prohibit the car from starting remotely?  Also can anyone post the wiring diagram/wire locations and colors for this car?  I have installed several remote starters but they were all on older vehicles.  Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
hawn13 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2005 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  
check the link under vehicle wiring. it has wire colors for your sentra on it some models have the chip in the key some don't
jnye6625 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2005 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  

I went to two websites that both suggested DEI bypass modules.  One suggested the 555U and the other 556U.  How do i know which one to get?

jnye6625 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2005 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  

I just now noticed a remote starter installation manual that instructs you to wrap one end of a peice of wire around your ignition switch and the other end around a key, and connect the two ends of the wire to a relay.  When you remote start the car is completes the connection and the car thinks that the key is in the ignition.  If you werent concerned about the immobilizer feature (which I'm not), then couldnt I just wrap the wire around the key and the ignition lock and connect the two ends of the wire (eliminating the relay)?  There is no power sent to 30 and 87 connectors on the relay anyways.  Here are the instructions i found.

Transponder interfacing using relay:

If the vehicle has a transponder system installed, you will need to by-pass the system

while the vehicle is operating under the control of the Remote Start Unit.

To do this:

1.You will need a transponder key that's already programmed to the vehicle.

2.Remove the trim around the ignition switch.

3.Wrap a thin (28 - 30awg) wire tightly around ignition switch 6 to 8 times and secure it.

4.About 6"down line make another loop of approximately 2"diameter.

5.Place the key inside this loop and secure it to the loop.

6. Connect on end of the (28 - 30awg) wire to pin (87) of the relay module.

7. Connect the other end of the loop wire to Pin (30) of relay module.

8. Connect the pin (86) of the relay module to the ignition wire from the ignition switch.

9. Connect the pin (85) of the relay module to the H10/11 yellow wire of 20-pin

connector.

2WSS-AS on 2002 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V - Last Post -- posted image.

Would this then also work?

2WSS-AS on 2002 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V - Last Post -- posted image.

Please let me know what you think!

jnye6625 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2005 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone know if this is gonne work?
toymotaman 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2005 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
The DEI 556U is just the newest version of the 555U, they are essentially the same. Provided your car does have an immobilizer system either one will work. It simply is a pre-made wire coil with a relay all packaged into a neat black box which can be well-hidden under your dash. If
your car requires this immobilizer bypass you will have to place a key into the module permanently, or at least until you remove the remote start or sell the car. One last note: in order for your local Nissan dealer to code a new key to your car they must have all the keys you have for the vehicle, including the one installed into the 555/556U. Keep this in mind especially if you only have two keys, you may want to have a new one made before you put in the remote starter!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic