Pioneer AVIC-N1 complaints question

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Bigkevin20 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2005 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged  

I just installed my N1 I like it alot.

But im tired of switching the dvd back and forth all ready and its getting scratched up from use. I no the longer I have it I probally wont be playing with it as much. But I wish the nav dvd was all ways in now.

3 QUESTIONs

1 If I buy a cd/dvd changer will the nav work off that all the time?

2 How can I make copies of my Pioner GPS DVD? I have a doubl layer dvd recorder. what software would you recommend. I tried with iomega hotburn and i thinks its copy proof.

3. I hear the N2 software has beter maps and stuff. am I stuck with N1 software if I want to keep driving and playing dvds.

Bigkevin20 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2005 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
some body please respond there easy questions and Im SURE you know the answers.
12v_rep 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2005 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
Kevin, hopefully I can answer 1 or 2 of your questions. The one about making a copy though is one I can't answer. If you buy a seperate DVD/PS2/Xbox and hook it into the A/V input you can simply leave the Navi disc in all the time...until you want to listen to a CD. You can spend the money on the Pioneer XDV-P90 6 Disc DVD changer. You could load half with movies and the other half with CD's and be set. The problem with adding anything other than the Pioneer DVD player is you will not have control from the head unit, which is very nice to be able to do.
As for the N2 "upgrade". If you upgrade you will no longer be able to view video on the front screen while driving. The mapping will be better, but make sure you decide first which is more important to you.
Hopefully this helps a little.
Bigkevin20 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2005 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks i will figure out a way to copy the dvd some how.

OK so all I got to do is by 1 of those 75 dollar dvd players on ebay and hook that up to av input and it will read off the nav dvd without me tellng it to or changing any options.

Dsteinmann 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2005 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  
Just Buy A Pioneer 12 Disc Changer and use the Headunit for Nav and DVD only. also I think you can buy a dual layer dvd and use dvd decrkpter and make a iso image it schould work
Bigkevin20 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2005 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  

well i hooked up a regulart dvd player and it did not work.

It only showed a menue with th BG folder on it. I hooked it up to the av input. i gues its not possible a changer is like 600 hundred dollars. Im just going to burn me some copies and deal with it.

Dsteinmann 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2005 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  
just get a pionner 12 disc there like 120$
draggindakota 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2005 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  
Bigkev, I think you misunderstood 12v_Rep. when he said to get a ps2/dvd player or dvd changer, he meant for movie/cd function not for reading the nav. The nav is a DVD-ROM, and a normal video DVD player wont read it. Only the H/U will. If you had another dvd source, like a dvd changer, you could leave the nav dis in the unit and not have to remove it to watch movies or listen to cd's. For copying try dvd copy plus.
Bigkevin20 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2005 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  
thanks for clearing that up. it makes sense now.
skoldspuppy 
Silver - Posts: 342
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2005 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
I can answer the burning question
Look for a software called Alcohol 120%, it will make a 1 to 1 copy of any copy protected cd every time,  now if you want to take another step into the darkside check out http://cdmediaworld.com, if they dont have a way of breaking copyright protections, then it does not exsist yet
Good Luck
--Skold
2004 Honda Civic Ex 4Dr
Kenwood DDX-7015/W Nav
4 Fosgate T152C
Hifonics Brutus BX1500D
RE XXX 12 in a 4 Cube Snail Shell
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic