icon

a/d/s

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
phatx96xaccord 
Copper - Posts: 118
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2005 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  
the seller has the auction with a no reserve, i dont really plan on bidding on the auction, 1 reason is im looking for 2 component sets of the same kind, and second, my dad had a good point also, if it breaks, it would be hard probably to get fixed since its a south east asia model.  and we are here in the states.  i was also curious on ur opinions on a/d/s speakers, also im curious what u peeps think about their amps?
would u like your chicken original or extra crispy?
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2005 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
I liked the older stuff, I owned a ph15 with the 642csi x-over and that was a solid amp. Some of the other Plates as they called them were nice as well, I believe they were after the ph series.
a/d/s amps weren't always that efficient and often times seemed to lack power, but never the less great sounding amps. I am not to keen on the newer DEI owned stuff.
04mdx4sq 
Copper - Posts: 111
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2005 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
Those crossovers remind me of the Orion Xtreme sets of the late 90's. I wonder how old these sets are
04 MDX - Clarion DRZ9255 / MB Quart QAA4250 / MB Quart QSD216 / Orion Concept 97.2 / JL Audio 10w6v2
91 GMC Syclone - Delco tape deck
90 Syclone powered 2wd S10 (for sale) - Pyle CD / Fosgate 4x6
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2005 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  

dwarren..  you said:

"A/D/S speakers are in my opinion for a certain type of listener, those who enjoy "softer" sounds. They are great for jazz, soft rock, etc. I owned the AL5's and AL4's with much disappointment as far as volume and that tweeter was very soft. Now these speakers are not the same ones I owned but I have found this to be true in the case of other models."

These A/D/S comps I heard.. both pairs.. were CLEAN.  I mean... like...  of the dozen or so componet sets I've had extensive listening time built up with.. these speakers are EASILY the best sounding.  I mean... clean.. articulate.. detailed...  flawless.  Flat.. yet.. spirited...  truly, incredible sound.....

... at a comfortable listening level.

Like.. say... the car off in a parking lot. 

The speakers simply had no... eh... get up and go.  Getting a bridged 4-channel (SoundstreamRubicon404, wired to 200x2) you could NOT hear them on the freeway with the windows down.  Like.. nada.. nothing...  

With 150 watts my JL componets can drown out my freaking car HORN.

Great sound. 

No volume.

?

"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic