the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Remote starter cranks but doesn't start!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
exit69 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2002 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  

I've had the remote starter on the car for 6 months working fine.  The dealer fixed my loose stering wheel and ever since then my remote starter doesn't work.  I had a fight with the dealer, they won't fix it because I installed it myself.  I checked for loose wires but couldn't seem to find any.  When you press the button the car turns over but then doesn't catch.  It tries several times, but always the same result, no start!  The car is a 2000 Cavelier z24, it starts fine without the remote. I have tried resetting it, again with no luck.  The dealer had problems with it because the called me to tell me the car was messed up and that the lights, or the heater didn't work.  They fixed that but that's it.  Any info will be greatly appreciated, I live in Canada and winter has arrived. 

Thank you

Player69 
Silver - Posts: 504
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2002 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
check the passlock bypass over. 
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2002 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  
If your passlock bypass is still good, make sure the dealer didn't switch your accessory and ignition wires around on your unit if they unplugged it.  If they broke it they should fix it, no matter who installed it.  If they broke your fancy new cupholder that you installed they would fix that wouldn't they.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2002 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
the passlock wires need to be inserted or connected right just try to one relearn tach and also do what above was stated cause the car whould not even crank if passlock was bad., also check your wires get a wire diagram from here and make sure the alarms wires are going to the right place and also make sure there connected cause if it is cranking thats good . the acc wire and the igingiton wire are different cause the acc wire shuts off with start and if the wires have been switched this wire has to remain powered up to work right and make the engine stay on.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
exit69 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2002 at 5:43 AM / IP Logged  

Actually I didn't get a chance to look at it again.  I will tomorrow.  I did notice one problem which may help narrow it down.  To program options on the starter/alarm you put the key to the "on position then press whatever button on the remote to active/disactivate a feature.  Well when I press the #2 button  4 times with the key "on" this turns "chirps" on or off.  But now if I press the #2 button 4 times without putting the key  "on" it still turns chirps on or off.  So it is as if the key is always "on".  No lights stay on, on the dash like when you do turn the key "on" though.  I think it must be either the ignition in the wrong place???

Any comments would help

Thanks Remote starter cranks but doesn't start! - Last Post -- posted image.

Brian Remote starter cranks but doesn't start! - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic