icon

anyone have any fusor experiences?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jt73 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2005 at 1:42 AM / IP Logged  

im going to pick up fusor tomorrow to fill in some gaps on my radio bezel on my '03 f-150(shaved vents relocating a/c)      does anyone have any experience or advice on using this product??  

thanks guys

jason

i'll try to remember pics for you of the progress

elmaschingon_18 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2005 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged  
Fusor? never heard of it, what's it do? what is it for? Got any pics of your F 150?  I own a 2000 XLT exted. cab and looking for system ideas.   I'll try to post pics
sanding sucks!
jt73 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2005 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  

i have some pics somewhere on this site-link actually...my mouse isnt working or i would paste the link...click the search button on my name for all the posts, it sounds like a pain but its not bad...

Fusor is like duramix, for plastic repair, except it doesnt come with the applicator tips, you have to mix it like bondo then spread it on.

i have std cab with 2 bazooka tubes airbrushed behind seats

anyway if you cant find the pics let me know

Jason

uz2bauto 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2005 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
fusor is a great plastic adhesive/filler, just make sure you bought the right product for the type of material/application and you should have no problems. also prep is one of the most important steps.
paint and body       
"semi-professional"
jt73 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2005 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
thanks Uz2b,  I got the one that bonds to tpo/ppo dont remember the part number tho...worked very good to fill my vent holes on my radio bezel, sanded nicely too...have pics on http://www.webshots.com     user name is jsntarrant dont have the exact link to the page sorry...
uz2bauto 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2005 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  
looks pretty clean i like the black and red anyone have any fusor experiences? -- posted image.
paint and body       
"semi-professional"
jt73 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 1:42 AM / IP Logged  

thanks...damn im still not finished with everything....did get the dash back together, headliner should be painted by next week.....

started building a center console to go between the new buckets i got....and wanted to start door panels but i need to finish everything else first before my wife throws me out for having it torn apart too long LOL.

always somethin on your own vehicles

lanman31337 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2005 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
I use fusor religiously.  I've used it to mold my body kit on, put metal plates where my door handles used to be, mold a plastic switch box into my console, etc... It's fantastic.  It does come with tips, and you can get an adapter so it'll fit in a regular chaulking gun.
jt73 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2005 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
ohhh, didnt know it came with tips...mine was one tube that you had to mix with a spreader then apply...maybe a different type than what i bought.   have to check into that-thanks
jt73 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2005 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  
didnt know tubes came with mine came as a 2 part in one tube...mix with spreader then apply I'll have to check next time-Thanks
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic