icon

Black Widow BW10000 & BW500

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
2fast2furious 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2005 at 2:58 AM / IP Logged  
I have installed a Black Widow BW10000 Alarm and BW500 central locking kit into a friend's car of mine.
The alarm itself works okay, and the central locking kit works okay with it's own Module.
Now I have found the instructions for the Black Widow's Alarm and Central Locking kit very hard to follow. My own Alarm is a Rhino and it explained in great detail on how to install it.
But with this Black Widow, we want to hook up the central locking to the alarm module so we can unlock as well as disarm from the remote which this module is supposed to do.
   To my beliefs the alarm module has it's own relays for the central locking, So I would assume that I shouldn't need to use the central locking kit's module to activate the door locks. But after doing some reading I still may have to.
   I was hoping someone here would be able to help me with this as I would be much appreciative if they could.
Also the siren has a red, blue, grey, and black wire.
I have hooked the black to ground and the red to the siren(+) on the alarm. The siren works as should. But I am concerned on what the other two wires do? This is a battery backup system and the battery sits in the alarm unit so do the blue and grey wires have something to do with this.
Thanks in advance,
Jim
xtreme069 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2005 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged  
the onboard locking relays need to be configured in a negative pulse way, that means connecting the 2 wires that have the fuses on them to ground which inturn will send the neg pulses down the yellow and white wires just disguard the other 2 i have not used a bw500 kit but am guessing it is neg pulse. As far as the siren goes if it is a bw750 or bw850 then the red needs to go to constant power black goes to ground blue connects to the siren wire on the alarm and gray is diguarded, because it is battery back up you need to charge the battery and that can only be done if there is constant power to it good luck
I Love This Industry!!
xtreme069 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2005 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged  
sorry forgot to tell you to use the locking relay loom this is a 5 or 6 wire loom with coloured wires!!
I Love This Industry!!
2fast2furious 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2005 at 8:06 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for that, I will give that a shot. Yes it is a six wire loom, blue, green, brown, white, black,red.
So I am taking that we still need to use the central locking kit module that came with the central locking kit? I am a bit confused on how we power the motors?
    The wiring colours are for the central locking kit are red (power source) black (negative), green, blue, white, brown. The black goes to ground and to the master lock motor. So does the brown and the white. The blue and white go from the module to the master then the rest of the motors. Now I just leave the red on 12v, and join the white and yellow wires to the green and blue?
Thanks for that siren info that has been a big help.
Cheers,
Jim
xtreme069 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2005 at 8:57 AM / IP Logged  
i think the loom your talking about and the loom i'm talking about are two different things the loom you are talking about is the one that connects to the central locking module the one i'm talking about is the one that connects into the side of the alarm module which has the yellow and white wires and there should be two wires on that loom that have fuses on them not sure of the other colours so as i said before connect the fused wires on that loom to ground and the white and yellow wire to the brown and white wires on the central locking loom you can double check that by using a test light by connecting one side of the light to ground and probing the wires on the central locking loom when you probe the correct wire the doors will lock/unlock these are the wires that you need to connect the alarm to good luck once again
I Love This Industry!!
2fast2furious 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2005 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  
Yep, Now I got you, Thanks so much for your help. I will let you know how it goes. I am going to tackle it next weekend.
Thanks,
Jim 8)
2fast2furious 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2005 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  
Okay, we have come to another hurdle. I think we may need to order in another module for other reasons. But the question is, are the blue and green wires that come from the master unit to the other doors which also go back to the module, are they meant to be showing a short? I even disconnected one of the door locking motors, and the blue and green show a short. But they do change a reading when they are closed or opened. So this to me looks normal.
    But we did have it all working properly. But when we went to put it in all neatly, something happened.
   So we will continue on.
I was wondering would it possible to use another pair of relays instead of the central locking module?
Thanks,
Jim
xtreme069 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2005 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  

The blue and green wires should both rest at ground and then when the motor unlocks a posotive will be sent from the module down one of the wires so the motor is energized and vice versa when locking, the brown and white wires rest at nothing and send a negative signal to the control box so that the master lock can unlock the slaves.

You can rewire the alarm module so the locking outputs send a negative and posotive this will allow you to run a slave motor straight from the alarm module but i only suggest running a maximum of 2 locks or you could toast the relays in the alarm module, basically all you need  to do is disconect the central locking module then connect the two fused wires that you connected to ground on the alarm module to constant power and the other two that you diguarded to ground that will allow the yellow and white wires to send negative and posotive to drive the motors then connect these wires to the blue and green wires of the locks if you do this make sure the central locking module is DISCONECTED or it will fry the alarm modual relays

Good Luck let me know how you go

I Love This Industry!!
2fast2furious 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2005 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
Well we have four locks so we shouldn't hopefully have any worries about frying the relays in the alarm module. But the way you just explained would the central locking still be able to be operated as normal without pressing the remote button? Also connecting the yellow and white wires to the green and blue considering they are showing a short. This wouldn't cause a short on the yellow and white wires?
    But I would feel much better if I could use the module. My main question was to know if the blue and green were meant to show a short. Which I thought it would because under the multi-meter it should a pulse when I unlocked and locked the motor.
Thanks so much for your help.
We will battle on!!!
Cheers,
Jim
2fast2furious 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2005 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
Okay we have the alarm and central locking installed all working to the way it is supposed to be!!!
   The problem was we have a busted wire in the factory join of the central locking wires. So the module was okay in the first place.
Thanks for your help.
Cheers,
Jim

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic