icon

On Star

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ctoh 
Copper - Posts: 123
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2005 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
When replacing the whole system, amp, speakers and such, do you guys know of a way to still retain the ON Star?  I have a OS2 installed but just get no OStar audio, can I just wire in a remote speaker?  2006 Hummer H3...Thanks alot,,,
joebiv318 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2005 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
I believe PAC will have a kit for you.
Owner/ Custom Compact Performance
Treo,Cadence,ARC Audio
Critical Mass/Icon TV
Panasonic,Compustar,Scosche
Asmodeus 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2005 at 11:39 PM / IP Logged  

I think you need the OS-2BOSE from PAC instead of the OS2

OK...It sounds like it will work in my head...OK...U can use the OS-2BOSE BUT you will run your own speaker wires off the OS-2BOSE to your aftermarket speakers.....

What you can do is split the signal on one speaker (Say Front Right ) and send it to the BOSE amp....The OS-2BOSE is powering the amp...Then all you have to do is go to the amp and on the speaker out side run a speaker wire from the Front right out put to a speaker that you can stick in your dash or under the center console for the output...The input for ON-Star is still there just no output....

Like I said it sounds good in theory in my head at 11:30 pm.....If anyone else sees a fault in this please post....

You can try it it wont hurt anything

On Star -- posted image.
Making the World A Louder Place
Ctoh 
Copper - Posts: 123
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2005 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the input, its an H3 and they have the Monsoon system, not the BOSE, they're diffrent than the H2's...I may be able to run the LF speaker wires only off the OS piece to the LF speaker as well as the wires from the amp, if the Onstar kicks on it should feed that speaker but the volume won't be faded is the only problem...any other input is appreciated, I'm only thinking outloud...
Asmodeus 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2005 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  

Like I said...It I'm tired and it sounded good in my head....Any input is great I need to know because I never know when I might have to do the same...

Good luck

On Star -- posted image.
Making the World A Louder Place
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2005 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
The H3 is different than any other GM system, as far as we can tell, no Gm OnStar interfaces will work in that vehicle.
Jazzy

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic