Enclosure Building Basics

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Isaac13 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2002 at 8:09 AM / IP Logged  

Hello,

I am new to this forum and am not a master installer, or any grade of installer.  I have worked at a few car audio shops and home theater shops, so I consider myself well informed.  I am interested in starting a new (small, very small) business of making and selling subwoofer enclosures on the local market.  I have gotten a cost sheet together, but I still have a few questions, and I was hoping that I could get some good replies here.  I will be using at least 3/4" MDF for the material, and a good quality automotive carpet.  I have built a few boxes before, but they were for myself or friends, so they were not of any professional grade.  I have read on the 'net about different installs and enclosure designs, and personal experience has told me that while it's not rocket science, it's a little more involved than it sounds.  I'm not looking to make a huge business out of this (yet:)) and I am not looking to enter the market of custom installs or difficult enclosure design.  Any comments will be met with gratitude.  Thanks!!!!

crraig wilson 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2002 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  

actually to do it right it is a bit of science.take into consiteration that most drivers all have different parameters.they all have there own Fs  Qts  ect...

so the point im trying to make is you need to build the box to the driver if you want it to be exact.  a old but good book is the loud speaker cookbook.

craig wilson
Isaac13 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2002 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks craig.  I realize that I would need the parameters of each different speaker for it's own enclosure, and that's kind of what I would like to do is make basic boxes for the speakers that my customers have.  I don't believe it would be too awfully hard to find out the information on the speakers from the manufacturers, but I've only ever talked to a few.  Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!!

Josh

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic