Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sly_ 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2005 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  

Hi,

First post. Great board :)
I recently purchased the AVIC-N2 with the XM GEX-P10XMT module. Everything works fine and I have all my channels BUT the following doesn't work:

1) Where can I see or turn on the XM enhanced graphical display to see station logos? I looked everywhere and can't see it

2) When in XM mode, I pressed the right side knob button to go into setup mode (where it shows 3 buttons like audio, initital, function). The "XM Setup" function button is ALWAYS greyed out no matter what I try. Why is this? what do I need to do to access this area? I tought it was a security issue while the car was moving but no luck. Its always greyed out :(

Help

Thanks
Sly

Customautomotiv 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2005 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
Hrmmm good questions...I just put one into a customers vehicle last week...I'll be seeing him tomorrow for the backup camera install/sirius tuner install......I'll see if his is the same way and post here.
12v_rep 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2005 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
Many of the Enhanced XM features are only available with the GEX-P10XMT and the AVIC-D1. I have the N2 and I am waiting to add the 10XMT until I swap my N2 with the D1 in the next couple of weeks. The logos are one of the features that will only work with the D1 BTW. Sorry for probably not giving you the answer you wanted to hear.
sly_ 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2005 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  

12V_REP wrote:
Many of the Enhanced XM features are only available with the GEX-P10XMT and the AVIC-D1. I have the N2 and I am waiting to add the 10XMT until I swap my N2 with the D1 in the next couple of weeks. The logos are one of the features that will only work with the D1 BTW. Sorry for probably not giving you the answer you wanted to hear.

What? this sucks...I have the GEX-P10XMT with an installed data cable and the latest 2005 map discs but I have a N2, not a D1 :(

Also, the greyed out XM button is exactly called "Function XM" in between the Audio and Setup buttons when you press on the right side hard knob. Its always greyed out..not sure why.

Thanks

12v_rep 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2005 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
Is it greyed out even if you are at a stop, or only when you are moving? Have you had a chance to play with the Nav-Traffic part yet, or did you subscribe to it?
Customautomotiv 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2005 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
I have the same issue with the one I just put into a customers vehicle. Avic-n2, xm nav traffic unti..and those options are grayed out as well.....doesnt matter if you are stopped, moving or parking brake is on. I think those options are probably on available on the D1 unit. Try contacting pioneer. They will answer that question for you.
killa12345 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2005 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  
i have the same problem with the xm function....and i do subsribe to the xmnavtraffic and it is the biggest waste of money ive ever spent.....i cant believe they can charge 16.94 a month for this....i never see the average road speed other than the color of the road, but that is not always correct.  ive tried the xmnavtraffic in miami and ft lauderdale two places that they cover and the service sux...thank god i have sirius lifetime mebership because the xm service is going
im da shhh and dont forget it
Customautomotiv 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2005 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
My customer absolutely loves the xm nav trafffic unit. He uses it between L.A and Las Vegas, San Diego. I wonder if its just your location.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic