icon

speaker problems with my jeep

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
magi 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2005 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 1996 jeep grand cherokee, and I was tryng to install new rear door speakers, but something went wrong. I think one of the wires touched the metal frame. anyway, now none of the speakers work and I've already checked the fuses and I don't know what to do next. Please help.
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2005 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  
Your truck, does it the Infinity Gold system? Check under the driver's side rear seat. If there's an amp there it has a seperate fuse. Your owners manual should tell you where it is.
magi 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2005 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
I don't know what the infinity gold system is, but I think there might be an amp under there. unfortunatly my dad blew up when he heard. he says I can't touch the car, and I'm grounded. but I could use some more info if anyone can help. The jeep is my mom's but will be mine when dad buys the company car for my mom and gets himself a new company car. quit frankly, that jeep scares the shhh out of me, but that's cause I'm not used to it yet. so any info or tips or interesting facts would help out a lot.
tcss 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2005 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry about the grounding. Tell your dad that is what fuses are for, to protect the truck's electrical system when something goes wrong ( grounded speaker lead ) I'm sure you replacing the fuse on your own would be better then your dad paying some mechanic $60 to do the same thing. Good luck, tcss
Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2005 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  
does the H/U light up and play the CD if it does the fuse on the amp is blown or the amp its self is blown and the amp is under the back seat you have to fix the wires so they dont ground on the the metal and if the amp is blown get a used one from the junk yard one of those two thing
1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
magi 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2005 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged  
speaker problems with my jeep - Last Post -- posted image.
This is my jeep, well, kinda. my jeep has a black grill, cause I ran into the work bench in the garage. my mom made me change the grill and everything. that was not fun, cause I didn't know anything about cars. we couldn't find a grill the right color so I convinced my mom to go with black. I like it.
Blowntweeters 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2005 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  

check the fuse and if that don't work get another factory amp from the junk yard if your dad will let you work on the jeep i had the same type of problems with my step dad and doing stuff to the cars and now he asks me to fix them and install stuff its funny how things change. after you get the jeep what are your plans for your audio system ?

magi 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2005 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  
woofers taking up at least half the back of the jeep. I also want new paint job, but I want to design it myself. and a new radio, one of the expensive kinds with the screen on it. any more ideas or advice would be great.
Blowntweeters 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2005 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  

www.ikesound.com  i would get 2 15" subs a class d mono block amp with RMS output that is close to the subs rms power handling of the subs a small 4 channel amp componets for the front and some coaxil's for the rear 6x9's or what fits correctly and a kinetik battery  www.kinetikaudio.com

tcss 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2005 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
Front speakers are 17cm components with the tweeter on top of the dash. Rears are 17cm coax.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic