the12volt.com spacer
icon

What do you all you do for a living?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2005 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
I currently work at Best Buy. I've been with the company for about 3 years and have been the Mobile Supervisor for only about 5 months give or take. Is installing a job or a hobby for most of you?
us_test 
Copper - Posts: 200
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2005 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
hoobby - (but one day I want to have a shop).  I'm a Helpdesk Manager. 6.5 years in IT.
(1) Kenwood Excelon Head Unit KDC-X589 (24 bit Burr Brown DAC, 3 X 4 volt RCA).
(1) RF Punch 250A2 - running the components.
(1) Hifonics 6.5" Atlas Components (18db crossovers).
boulderguy 
Silver - Posts: 510
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2005 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  

Obsessive hobby for 20 yrs or so.  I tend to obsess about what & how until I get it done, then leave it alone for 4-5 years until a new car comes along.  Which means I'll disappear from here again.

Got started when guys in high school would steal car stereos.  I never wanted to do that, but was the only one who could figure out how to wire them up (apologies in advance for my aberrant teenage behavoir).  So I got to experiment on their cars long before I ever got one.  Good thing.  I remember hooking one up & running across a disconnected wire harness under the hood.  I figured it was supposed to be plugged in, so I connected it, secretly thinking maybe his '79 Rabbit would have 30 more horsepower.  Later that guy had to drive clear across town to the mechanic because his horn wouldn't turn off...So, can I help you hook up that cruise control??

Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2005 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  

us_test wrote:
hoobby - (but one day I want to have a shop).  I'm a Helpdesk Manager. 6.5 years in IT.

I hear ya man, my main goal is one day own my own shop. Nice bay, at least a double door, nothing huge. Make money from customer installs, not just the average quick install. Product, installs the whole deal. Cant friggin wait for that day. Just wondering, anyone here reading this post ever actually open up their own business doing installs or something like that?

us_test 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2005 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  
349517 - I'm always interested to partner up with people interested and get a shop open (I'm in Maryland).  Are you in Fort Pierce, FL?
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2005 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  

us_test wrote:
349517 - I'm always interested to partner up with people interested and get a shop open (I'm in Maryland).  Are you in Fort Pierce, FL?

Sorry man, i'm up north. MA

us_test 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2005 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  

Oh, sorry I was thinking the username was your zip code + 1 extra digit.  (I'm thinking to hard).   There are quite a few shops around my area.  A few semi famous ones.  CarToyz in Rockville MD has this sick Civic hatchback with 6 alternators (it is a 1990) and 15 12s (you can see at least 10) sponsored by MTX.  It was on the cover of Car Stereo Review a few years back (they went to the IASCA world finals).

Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2005 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  
us_test wrote:

Oh, sorry I was thinking the username was your zip code + 1 extra digit.  (I'm thinking to hard).  

Actually the 349517 is my employee number for work. I figured instead of trying to think of a username for each place I go to online and remebering the passords if i use the same log in info as i do at work i wont forget.

zezebiah 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2005 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
Interesting seeing as how anyone can use that employee number in a best buy store to purchase with the employee discount... Most check ID, but some dont... Probably not a smart idea to be handing that out like that. Expecially when your butt's on the line.
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2005 at 6:54 AM / IP Logged  

zezebiah wrote:
Interesting seeing as how anyone can use that employee number in a best buy store to purchase with the employee discount... Most check ID, but some dont... Probably not a smart idea to be handing that out like that. Expecially when your butt's on the line.

The best buys around this area always check id. If it gets used outside of where i work hopefully it would be on day while i'm working to prove that wasn't me. It's happened before with other people. Real easy to stop cuz they just have to review the tapes and if the person gets back up in there trying the same thing they most likely would be stopped

Jim
Best Buy MECP Mobile supervisor in store 820
jimmyb3rddegree@hotmail.com
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic