icon

Viper 791xv Problem: No Warn Away?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ants 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2005 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  
I got this alarm installed and everything works except for the warn away. No matter how I adjust the shock sensor, warn away will not come on. The installer claims that it is because the sensor is set too sensitive, but no matter which way I turn the sensor, it will not activate warn away.
I think it is set up incorrectly, because sometimes when I arm the car, from time to time, the alarm fob will beep after arming and "sensor" and the "1 2" show up in the rear windows of the car in the key fob.
I believe the latter problem is linked to the faulty shock sensor.
The installer claimed that the shock sensor was broken, and that he would order a replacement, although I have not received a new sensor yet.
Could it be that the shock sensor was installed incorrectly?
Thanks everyone!
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2005 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  
When the shock sensor harness is plugged in backwards, you get no warn away. Th sensor itself is probably fine.
genehewett 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2005 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  

Hi, I think that whoever you had install the system should give your money back. If that person can't get the impact sensor wiring correct I don't want to know about the rest. I bet there is T-taps used to connect the ECR to the ignition harness.

This is what I think you should have someone else check. The shock/impact sensor with this system has a harness that just plugs to the brain and to the sensor. The connectors are the same but the wires are not. One end has a small loop that only connects two pins together. This end must be pluged into the sensor. The other end has a loose wire that don't connect to anything. It's an extra multiplex negative trigger input for optional DEI brand sensors. If this harness is backward the loop jumps the two multiplex triggers together and can cause this problem.

In the future make sure that the person or shop has the capability to do the job. Good Luck.

ants 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2005 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  
So there's a harness that has the same identical "head" that connects the brain to the sensor? And you're saying it goes in only one way?
Yeah, the guy supposedly has worked at Car Toys for 7 years now, and WAS supposed to be really good. *sigh*
Is this something a newbie with some mechanical knowhow but NO electrical diagram knowhow can fix? I can get to it, and I can most likely cut and splice (if necessary). But that is about the extent of my electrical work.
ants 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2005 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
ANyone?
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2005 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  

Take it back to the shop and have someone look at it. Someone could of just made a mistake somewhere.  Maybe he didn't tape up his shock sensor wires and it  is pinched somewhere. At least let him go back and fix his mistake although it shouldn't have left the shop with this type of problem.

~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
us_test 
Copper - Posts: 200
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2005 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
Most sensor connectors have 2 small raised lines on the back so you cannot plug it in backwards (the connectors in the brain has 2 small cut channels to mate exactly with the sensor connector).  They make it IDIOT proof but I suppose it can be "Persuaded" to go in backwards if the tech is a moron.  7 yrs of doning install but only maybe 2 hrs of knowledge (I wonder how many alarms come back to him).
(1) Kenwood Excelon Head Unit KDC-X589 (24 bit Burr Brown DAC, 3 X 4 volt RCA).
(1) RF Punch 250A2 - running the components.
(1) Hifonics 6.5" Atlas Components (18db crossovers).
us_test 
Copper - Posts: 200
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2005 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
Well I got a shock sensor here and both connectors of the cable have the ridges only on one side (I guess I got the only shock sensor where the ends cannot be plugged in the other way.  I "pursuaded" it for about 1 minute and got it in backwards but clearly it was not designed to go in that way.
(1) Kenwood Excelon Head Unit KDC-X589 (24 bit Burr Brown DAC, 3 X 4 volt RCA).
(1) RF Punch 250A2 - running the components.
(1) Hifonics 6.5" Atlas Components (18db crossovers).
genehewett 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2005 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  
     Bobk that is correct. The sensor side has the jumper loop and the brain side has the free wire for a second DEI brand 2-stage sensor. 
ants 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2005 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  
Gotcha, so this is basically a pull and replug deal? I know where he put the brain, so I can probably do this myself!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic