Problem with Audiovox 9232a

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
haywireauto 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2005 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  

Hello, all,

I just finished wiring an Audiovox Pursuit PRO 9232a Keyless Entry Alarm Upgrade kit into my 2001 Ford F-150 Lightning. Made all of the connections as per the instructions. At the end of the installation, I plugged in the brain, and the alarm immediately went off. Could not disarm via the remote or the valet switch, so I unplugged the brain.

So far, I have isolated all of the trigger inputs (pin switches + dome override) and the shock sensor from the brain, but the unit still triggers immediately after plugging the unit in.

Any suggestions? Could the brain be defective (insert joke here).

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Cheers!
Ken in SSF CA
nikko0213 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2005 at 12:33 AM / IP Logged  

the main thing about the pro9232a is to first make sure that your 4 door lock input wire is correctly hooked up. the red wire,green wire,RED / black wire have to get connected to the actuator wires not the switch wires. the GREEN/ black will get hooked up to the lock switch wire in the vehicle. below i pasted the door lock actuator wire and also the switch wire. when you go to connect these wires make sure the module is totally disconnected all the plugs. start to hookup your door lock harness from alarm module. the green wire from mod. is going to get hookup to pink/black in vehicle. red wire going to get hooked up to RED / orange in vehicle. RED / black will get hookup to pink/orange(make sure to really look good at wire because stripe is not too visible. and the GREEN/ black will get hookup to the pink / YELLOW from switch. make sure when you locate wire to use a digital meter and put it on dc scale. when test for the actuator wires use the factory remote control and the meter will show 12 volts when you press buttons on the remote to the desire wires you are testing for. when you get the door lock harness wired up plug in door lock harness first to module then the rest of small plugs the last one is the main harness plug then disarm with factory remotes. hope that helps you out.

NICK

Problem with Audiovox 9232a -- posted image.Power Unlock PINK/GREEN (-) DRV KICK PANEL (REV POL ON BASE MODEL) Problem with Audiovox 9232a -- posted image.
Problem with Audiovox 9232a -- posted image.PowerLock PINK / YELLOW (-) DRV KICK PANEL (REV POL ON BASE MODEL) Problem with Audiovox 9232a -- posted image.
Problem with Audiovox 9232a -- posted image.Driver Mtr Unlock RED / ORANGE (+) DRIVERS DOOR BOOT 
Problem with Audiovox 9232a -- posted image.Driver Mtr Lock PINK/BLACK (+) DRIVERS DOOR BOOT 
Problem with Audiovox 9232a -- posted image.Pas Mtr Unlock 

PINK/ORANGE   (+)   DRIVERS KICK PANEL OR

PASS BOOT

haywireauto 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2005 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged  
nikko0213 wrote:

the main thing about the pro9232a is to first make sure that your 4 door lock input wire is correctly hooked up. the red wire,green wire,RED / black wire have to get connected to the actuator wires not the switch wires. the GREEN/ black will get hooked up to the lock switch wire in the vehicle. below i pasted the door lock actuator wire and also the switch wire. when you go to connect these wires make sure the module is totally disconnected all the plugs. start to hookup your door lock harness from alarm module. the green wire from mod. is going to get hookup to pink/black in vehicle. red wire going to get hooked up to RED / orange in vehicle. RED / black will get hookup to pink/orange(make sure to really look good at wire because stripe is not too visible. and the GREEN/ black will get hookup to the pink / YELLOW from switch. make sure when you locate wire to use a digital meter and put it on dc scale. when test for the actuator wires use the factory remote control and the meter will show 12 volts when you press buttons on the remote to the desire wires you are testing for. when you get the door lock harness wired up plug in door lock harness first to module then the rest of small plugs the last one is the main harness plug then disarm with factory remotes. hope that helps you out.

NICK

Problem with Audiovox 9232a -- posted image.Power Unlock PINK/GREEN (-) DRV KICK PANEL (REV POL ON BASE MODEL) Problem with Audiovox 9232a -- posted image.
Problem with Audiovox 9232a -- posted image.PowerLock PINK / YELLOW (-) DRV KICK PANEL (REV POL ON BASE MODEL) Problem with Audiovox 9232a -- posted image.
Problem with Audiovox 9232a -- posted image.Driver Mtr Unlock RED / ORANGE (+) DRIVERS DOOR BOOT 
Problem with Audiovox 9232a -- posted image.Driver Mtr Lock PINK/BLACK (+) DRIVERS DOOR BOOT 
Problem with Audiovox 9232a -- posted image.Pas Mtr Unlock 

PINK/ORANGE   (+)   DRIVERS KICK PANEL OR

PASS BOOT

Thanks, Nick. I appreciate the information.

Cheers!
Ken in SSF CA

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic