icon

2 kicker L7 15 in sealed box

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tokkig 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2005 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
I'm thinking about buying 2 used 15" kicker L7s for fairly cheap. They're 3 years old but the guy said he only used them for one summer and then stopped b/c he sold the car they were in and never bothered to make a new box for his next car (cherokee /w L7s -> accord w/o L7s). He's selling them for $300, but I wanna try and talk him down to $250. Thinks that's fair?
Also, I own a Mitsu 3000GT. Would 2 15" L7's provide decent SQ along /w SPL? And I think I need 3-12cu ft, how big should I go/approx how much would it cost me?
Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2005 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
L7's have  very poor SQ and great SPL i would go with 3.5 cubes per sub  as far as the cost if you build the box your self less than $100  if you pay a shop to build a box you could spend up to $250  if you want SQ L7's are not the subs you want  also you will need at least 1000 RMS to power the set
1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
Bigsingh 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2005 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  

dam, i didnt know boxes cost that much to make over in america. the mdf sheet of 12 by 6 would cost about £25. and the workmanship is obviously not added. i can get a custom box made for £50. oh well loool

6* Rockford T2's
6* POWER AMPs
BLACK CORRADO
BAANNGGIINN
Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2005 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
thats crazy the $ 100 price is for everthing the mdf the carpet the wood glue the screws or staples the carpet costs more than the mdf most of the time
1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
Nodestiny 
Copper - Posts: 85
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2005 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  
L7 15"s can have great SQ, if you can provide airspace for them. Lots of it. But in a 3000 GT? What i would do is install a single L7 15" and use all the airspace you can get for it. Xover pretty low for it so it doesnt get into the high range... as it will do a good job on low end freqs. If you have a good strong front end with plenty of midbass to spare, you should have no problems getting a good SQ system out of that setup.
Though, for that price, there are FAR better SQ subs to go with. Are you still wanting the SPL ability?
If i may, i recommend the Oz Audio Matrix Elite subs. In a med sized sealed box, you can acheive good SPL with extremely good SQ. My setup, in a trunk style car with maybe 800 RMS (probably closer to 600 RMS each due to heavy voltage drop from stock electical system) can do 140.3 at the dash legal. A 3000Gt would do more than taht due to it being a hatchback. The SQ wise, it has a very flat response as down to 20Hz with ease. A single 12" driver would provide you with nearly around 135+ dB off bass (enough to hurt your ears plenty) while hitting every note with distortion free and unlocalized bass. JUST A SUGGESTION! :D
L7s can have good SQ, but its not easy. If SQ is your goal, and SPL is not in the agenda, ditch the L7 idea, even if it is a good deal.
04 dodge neon SXT
(2) Oz Audio Matrix Elite 12"s sealed in 4 cube fiberglass enclosure, powered by HiFonics BX1605D
Oz Audio Matrix 180cs 6.5" component set power by HiFonics ZX4000

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic