icon

Viper 791 in '05 Yukon

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
whh16 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2005 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  

I just had the 791 installed in my '05 Yukon XL and I have a few question regarding the factory features that are now not working:

1.  With the factory system, the daytime running lights and the reverse lights would come on when you locked and unlocked the doors.  Now, I just get a flash of the parking lights.  I was wondering if there was a way to keep the factory settings or make the alarm do the same.

2.  If I have the vehicle started by the remote, when I get to my vehicle and disarm the alarm the dome light does not come on.  I would like the dome light to come on.

If anyone has any suggestions on this matter I would appreciate it.  Thank you.

swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2005 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
Take it back to the palce it was installed. if you wanted the other lights to coem on you needed to tell them that. same goes for the dome light.
They should ask about the dome light, to me that is part of the basic install and should been hook up.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 11, 2005 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  

Pay attention on the road, how many GM trucks you see with one of the running light burned out.......I wonder why?

I would settle for the flashing of the parking lights myself. The dome light supervision is an easy fix.

CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2005 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with KarTuneMan, yer better off leaving the parking lights alone. And as for the doelight supervision, that should be no problem with a 791. When this option is properly installed, the doelight will stay on for 30 seconds after disarming or until the ign is turned on whichever comes first.
whh16 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2005 at 3:02 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you all for your input....I did contact the dealer who installed it and they told me they were justa characteristics of the alarm and the vehicle.  I then called DEI and although the tech himself would not speek with me, the customer service rep. asked the questions and he said the dealer needed to contact them and the issues can be solved.  The funny thing is, is that the dome light will come on as it is supposed to if the vehicle has not been started.  When I remote start it and then go to disarm/unlock, the dome light does not come on.  Again, thank you for you advise.
diabloscope 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2005 at 3:25 AM / IP Logged  
fi they used a 456G, you lights  would work  like the factory system did

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic