icon

Tube enclosure

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
JustDoIt2 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2005 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged  

Hi, i own two 12' with 1000 rms amp. they are in a sealed box, but i need some space in the trunk, and i was thinking putting it in a tube, will they sound the same, better or worse.

thanks

SoundAudio 
Copper - Posts: 242
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2005 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  
How exactly are you positioning them in the tube, one at each end?
JustDoIt2 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2005 at 9:31 AM / IP Logged  
its a bass tube. like the same as bazooka tube, i dont know yet, actually my real question is how will they sound, harder than before or worse?
SoundAudio 
Copper - Posts: 242
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2005 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
My assumption would be not really louder as maybe a little tighter.  The tube enclosure will affect the wave relections inside the enclosure.  If you keep them in seperate enclosures i believe the reflecting waves would be reduced eliminating some cancelation in the excursion of the woofer.  In general, I think it would slightly reduce low end response, but not enough to be noticable.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2005 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  

SoundAudio wrote:
My assumption would be not really louder as maybe a little tighter.  The tube enclosure will affect the wave relections inside the enclosure.  If you keep them in seperate enclosures i believe the reflecting waves would be reduced eliminating some cancelation in the excursion of the woofer.  In general, I think it would slightly reduce low end response, but not enough to be noticable.

??

I dont think they make a 12" bass tube. You might want to try to fiberglass an enclosure to save some space. Or you could build a box that fits on the sides or back of the trunk.

Poormanq45 
Silver - Posts: 597
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2005 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  
I would recommend that you mount one at each end of the tube in a push pull configuration.
ANd if you want you could port it with a simple "T" FittingTube enclosure -- posted image.
Drewt 
Copper - Posts: 183
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2005 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  
hmmm, I wouldn't do push-pull....i'd do seperate air spaces...ported would work though...
You really arn't gonna save that much space with a tube....
-Drew
Poormanq45 
Silver - Posts: 597
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2005 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  
Push pull would be isobarik Tube enclosure -- posted image.
Half the airspace.
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2005 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with customsuburb, you'd save more space with a custom molded FG enclosure.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
Drewt 
Copper - Posts: 183
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2005 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  
hmm....yeah, but then you'd loose all the benifits of the second sub...might as well have one...
-Drew
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic