icon

amps in a 2005 Escalade

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
IIrjII 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2005 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  

I am installing an amp 2chnl and 4chnl into  a 2005 Escalade.  The escalade has a bose system and onstar.  One of my friends was telling me that i will have problems with the onstar.  Originally i was just gonna cut the wires behind the deck and send signal to the speakers from the amp, but my friend was tellling me that it will call onstar.  Not only that, but they will lose their onstar.  Has anyone done one of these before?  Any tips from anyone would be helpful.  Thanks

tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2005 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  

Use an On-Star Adaptor.  Pac makes one (PAC OS-2 and OS-2B). The latter is for the bose system.  The Bose amp is under the center consol.  The best way for that vehicle is to run all new wires.  It is easy to get wires in the doors.  Mount a small speaker under the center consol and connect it up to the On-Star adaptor. 

The On Star adaptor also has a relay with a switched wire.

jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2005 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
The OnStar adaptors are used only if you are replacing the OEM head unit.
The tricky part about adding amps to those systems is that the OnStar plays through the left front speaker along with the chimes. If you put amps in and feed a signal from that left fron channel into the amp, the Onstar and chimes are going to be amplified also. You will not get chimes or Onstar with the vehicle off, because your aftermarket amps will be off. Those are the problems you run into with those systems.
Jazzy
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2005 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
Ooops, missed the part about not replacing the head unit...sorry.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic