icon

Top Gear Best Car TV Show.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
us_test 
Copper - Posts: 200
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2005 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  

Finally we get to see the greatest car review TV show.  The legendary Top Gear is on Discovery Channel at 10 PM tonite (EST) and every Wednesday. Jeremy Clarkson is outstanding and is not afraid to toss cars around and do insane burnouts in a $80,000 Maseratti.  Car and Driver TV looks like a public access show compared to Top Gear.  Don't miss this show.  Plus we get to see all the "other cars" yeah the nice ones we don't get here, the new Focus which is based on the new Volo s40 platform (what do we get here...a couple small changes), the Atom (well they import it for you if you got the money), the 911 GT3 RS you can't get in the US.

They were shooting cars out of a car cannon.

Jeremy has a great sense of humor Always busting jokes about England.

They just had a head to head comparo between 911 GT3 RS and the 360 Modena CS (the special light track version).

(1) Kenwood Excelon Head Unit KDC-X589 (24 bit Burr Brown DAC, 3 X 4 volt RCA).
(1) RF Punch 250A2 - running the components.
(1) Hifonics 6.5" Atlas Components (18db crossovers).
skoldspuppy 
Silver - Posts: 342
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2005 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah Ive seen all the american espisodes so far, it is a fantastic show.. I agree
my only concern is, they really get peoples hopes up on a lot of cars, example the Ford Sport KA,
I can buy it but its goning to cost me about $8,000 extra to get a custom left hand drive model and shipped to the US.. boo hoo..
Thats the biggest reason I want to move to europe.. they have way more of a selection of cars..
Dammit I want to drive a Citroen C5 down South Beach!!
2004 Honda Civic Ex 4Dr
Kenwood DDX-7015/W Nav
4 Fosgate T152C
Hifonics Brutus BX1500D
RE XXX 12 in a 4 Cube Snail Shell
us_test 
Copper - Posts: 200
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2005 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  

I’m interested.  Where did you see all the episodes? SPEED Channel or does Discovery have them OnDemand?

They got the picture of Clarkson in the Ariel Atom with his face distorted.http://www.topgear.com/content/fun_stuff/postcards/7/

Sucks doesn't it.  I mean even FORD is screwing us.  Volvo chassis in Europe and shopping cart chassis in US (exaggerating here)...

When you watch Top Gear is like a movie not a show....Even watching Auto Week on DW (German TV) is much better then the shows we have here (it has a style to it, everything is sharp, sleek, the commentary is smart)..

(1) Kenwood Excelon Head Unit KDC-X589 (24 bit Burr Brown DAC, 3 X 4 volt RCA).
(1) RF Punch 250A2 - running the components.
(1) Hifonics 6.5" Atlas Components (18db crossovers).

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic