icon

1st post, Components for $250-300

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
daslowmoses 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2005 at 1:54 AM / IP Logged  

Ohh & yea the 55060 8V Eclipse has bass, mid, & treble eq adjustment.  It *was* top of the line way back when, just before they started putting electronic Xover's in the HU.  Will just be using the amps and/or the speakers xovers.  I really thought about selling the eclipse after I installed my wifes Alpine 9815 w/ all those awesome contols @ your finger tips

sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2005 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged  
Are you serious?
Hehe that's kinda funny. That is the exact kinda deck I'm really missing...
Man. I dunno. My Alpine CDA-9833 drives me crazy. It is so unintuitive that I never even mess with it. Like you can't just change the treble or bass or anything.. you have to go through this like 10 minute process of creating a new eq, saving it, and then loading into memory. It is the most obnoxious thing. I could cite example after example of this thing pissing me off this way. If I had a deck like urs, I wouldn't get rid of it no way no how.
So use your amp xovers who cares? The only thing with xovers is not to cascade them along the signal chain.
Yea so if I had those basic three adjustment levels and 8v preouts mated to speakers like we are discussing.. I know *I* would be happy with my level of adjustability. But that's just me.
And in the interests of full disclosure, I did just buy an AudioControl EQX, but that is more out of curiousity than any real nessecity eh?
"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
daslowmoses 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2005 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  
Ohhh yea,  So soon I forget about the inconvience of NOT having those BASIC controls.  I guess its just cause when I installed her Alpine I took some time setting it up, made it sound pretty good & thats how it's stayed the last 2 years.  You installing that EQX shortly?, let  me know what it does for you. I'm still deciding on a component set.
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2005 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
I'm gonna use the EQX to bi-amp my front componets.
I plan on running my e6450 entirely to my front stage, so as to have 45x2 for my tweeters and 150x2 for my midranges up front.
heamphyst, easily among the most talented of gear-heads hanging out here, actually wired up new frequency modules to change the xover point on AND the subsonic filter to properly run a set of 5.25 componets.
I will be running a set of JL Audio VR series tweeters and CDT Audio Classic series midbasses to start, then upgrade to CDT ES or HD stuff as my $$$ allows.
I really have no idea how it will sound but I'm really excited. I'm waiting on the RCA's and new subwoofers to come in to start the install.
"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic