icon

mobile phone to activate alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joe_1 
Silver - Posts: 286
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2005 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  

has anyone seen this i was watching pimp my ride uk the otherday and they had an alarm system that was controled by a mobile can anyone give me any info on this.

by the way the show is aload of crap

us_test 
Copper - Posts: 200
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2005 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  

Well your in the UK so these people are in West Sussex (not sure where this is in UK).

The alarm is sometimes called a GSM GPRS car alarm.

http://www.symmetry3.com/remote_modems.htm.

Another option:  Omega (makers of Excaliber and other alarms).  Has an Excaliber GPS (which allows you to control your car via a website: you can get: location, status, arm disarm, it probably can send SMS to a regular pager or e-mail or cell phone).  They are at www.caralarm.com

(1) Kenwood Excelon Head Unit KDC-X589 (24 bit Burr Brown DAC, 3 X 4 volt RCA).
(1) RF Punch 250A2 - running the components.
(1) Hifonics 6.5" Atlas Components (18db crossovers).
diabloscope 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2005 at 3:22 AM / IP Logged  

dont wast your time on it  DEI is having problems w/ the GPS  carrier  and so are other vendors of the company   that gps is going to be obsolite  like  the  ALPINE  unit / which was an awsome unit we have installed three and two have had bad units  the other is racking up user time and getting charged up the anus w/ charges

and dei is backordering this unit in its first distributing run and they are out , that is the only DEI product that sucks Anus !! ! !

NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2005 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  
http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/GenProductListCmd?type=nprev&catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&categoryId=5041&langId=-1&page=&urlString=&productid=&brand=
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 4:04 AM / IP Logged  
i'm trying to remember who does it. but i seen one a while have where you have your phone and you put a prepay sim into the brain. and basically when you out of fob range you ring the no. and press differnt buttons on the phone to arm disarm etc.

then if your alarm goes off the brain dials your no. and you get a recorded message are whatever. saying whay sensor was triggered..

if i find the site i'll post it.

also it looked kinda tacking and i think it was some chinese company ..
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 4:10 AM / IP Logged  
i'm just thinking i think it was on one of the adds at the side of this forum the google ones.

also it would be kind of slow to get the alarm alert especially if you ran out of credit or bad signal

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic