icon

fuel pump wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
niloc 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2002 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  

Im trying to put  in a fuel immobilizer in my 2002 honda civic.Can anyone tell me what color the positive wire to the fuel pump is. Any info is appreciated.

thanks,

Colin

alarmpro 
Copper - Posts: 110
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2002 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  

Why ??? just do starter immobilizer, less trouble and car will not crank,

w/fuel emobilizer car will just be cranking>and cranking> and cranking> and cranking> probably will overload and burn your starter.....

Does not make any sense

niloc 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2002 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
True, but I already got a starter immobilizer so unless a theif bypasses that, it shouldnt really be a problem. My alarm actualy came with both types. I would rather replace the starter than the whole car. Thaks for the info though.
bluescreen1 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2002 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
Addng a "fuel kill" to your car is not a bad thing to do. If some one gets into your ride and disables your alarm , very easy to do, they would still have to figure your "fuel kill".  I don't  know what the color of your wire is but it is easy to figure out. Find the wires running to your fuel pump (behind the rear seat in the forward part of your trunk, or under the rear seat) and with a multimeter find the wire that reads +12 volts when you turn the key forward, do not start , and then should drop to 0 volts after a few seconds. You should be able to trace this wire in one of your kickpanels. Using a relay and a hidden switch( if you want to hook this up seperate of your alarm) connect pins 30 and 86 to the "key side" of the cut wire, pin 85 to one side of  a hidden toggle switch and pin 87a to the "fuel pump" side  of the cut wire. The other side of your switch goes to ground. If you want to connect to your alarm then diode isolate the negative starter kill output and connect there. This simple hidden switch "fuelkill" system has saved quite a few cars !!!!  If your using a remote start type alarm then you would have to "bypass" the fuelkill relay  when remote starting. If you need help with any of this then post another question to me and I will help out!
Ruben
Innovative Sounds
Phila., Pa.
joelr7309 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2002 at 1:40 AM / IP Logged  
If you trick out your car and end up using a regular steering wheel, use a dettachable steering wheel hub, no one can steal your car if you don't have a steering wheel, unless they tow it,
the rookie!~
joelr7309 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2002 at 1:41 AM / IP Logged  
if you have a remote start alarm, does this fuel kill relay diagram work?
the rookie!~
Raid 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2002 at 7:14 AM / IP Logged  

Can a starter kill be bypassed on a manual gearbox by "pop" starting the vehicle.  If so, doesn't a fuel kill sound like the way to go? 

bluescreen1 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2002 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  

on a car with a carstart, you would need to "bypass" the fuel kill relay. this is simple, just use a negative ignition output from the carstart, connect to a relay and use it to disrupt(spelling?) the negative switched input on the fuel kill relay.  confused? should not be if you know relays. i can email you a schematic

Ruben
Innovative Sounds
Phila., Pa.
niloc 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged  
Awsome! Thanks for your help Ruben.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic