icon

paging on 791xv?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gListen 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2005 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  
I recently had this alarm installed & I'm still getting to know it. It has been triggered twice since I got it, and both times I guess i was out of range when it happened. The alarm sounded 3 times when I disarmed it and the remote displayed what sensors were set off. But shouldn't this have shown up on my remote as soon as I was in range of my car?
Also, no matter how many miles I am from my car, my remote will blink the "Rx" symbol. I thought this was supposed to indicate it was receiving a page from the car, but it happens when I am definitley out of range. So is the remote just indicating that it's in "page" mode, regardless of whether or not it's range of the car?
thanks!
gListen 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2005 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  
Anyone?
Basically my question is if I'm out of range when my alarm is triggered, should my remote alert me as soon as I come back in range, even if the alarm is no longer going off?
Thanks...
OhioMike1101 
Silver - Posts: 343
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2005 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
no
alpine0000 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2005 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  

gListen wrote:
Anyone?
Basically my question is if I'm out of range when my alarm is triggered, should my remote alert me as soon as I come back in range, even if the alarm is no longer going off?
Thanks...

mine doesnt. if im out of range, and come back, it only displays on the LCD what happened once i disarm the alarm

iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2005 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  
Could it be that the remote's paging mode is off?
Page mode (On/Off)
Press to toggle Page mode on and off. When Page Mode is
on, the remote control will wake up periodically to check for messages from the security module. It will also wake up when any button on the remote is pushed. When Page Mode is off, the remote control “sleeps” until a button on the remote is pushed, extending the life of the battery.
note: When page mode is Off, Warn Aways® and alarms will not be displayed or notified on the remote until a button on the remote has been pressed.
Look at pages 41 & 42 of the owner's manual
http://directechs.com/guides/manuals/og/viper/G564V_01-05.pdf
Steve G
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2005 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
I just tested mine and it does not notify me if the initial notification page was sent out while the remote was out of range. Even when I return back to the vehicle and stand next to the car without touching the remote. I can hit the LOCK, AUX (*), or PANIC button and it still doesn't update until I hit the UNLOCK button. I don't think I noticed that until you said something. That's kind of a poor design aspect.
If you work in a large building and are out of range for a short period of time when you come back into range you will never know your alarm was triggered. Unless you hit the unlock button from within range to check it then rearm it. I do think it should update as soon as it returns to being in range though. The Rx icon you mentioned means that paging mode IS turned on. It should be getting update messages from the system. Apparently though, not the Warn Away or Alarm notifications. The system must send that initial alert out only once. From then on the remote retains the alert and doesn't clear until you acknowledge it. That's not very good in my opinion.
Steve G

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic