icon

1995 blazer spark plug replacement

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mjvandermusss 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2005 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  
i have a 95 blazer and am trying to replace the spark plugs, i got all but one.  the middle one on the driver's side.  the steering shaft is right in front of it and i cannot get to it.  what can i do?
fty
rlith 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2005 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
mjvandermusss wrote:
i have a 95 blazer and am trying to replace the spark plugs, i got all but one. the middle one on the driver's side. the steering shaft is right in front of it and i cannot get to it. what can i do?
Remove the bolt under the plastic cover (11mm) at the base of the intermediate shaft and telescope it into itself. Plenty of room.
That said, why the hell would you ask a question like that on a 12volt electronics forum?
mjvandermusss 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2005 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
thank you, to answer your ? i have asked everywhere else and nobody knew, this is the last place i tried cause i know the ppl here would be able to answer it.
fty
mjvandermusss 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2005 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  

I've removed the bolt but nothing happens.  it is still stiff.

fty
galantin 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2005 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
pry it off the steering box with a prybar, if the truck has an airbag tie the steering wheel before you take it off so i cant turn.  if the steering wheel turns with it dis-connected you will ruin your air bag coil (very expensive).  i dont dissconnect it, i take the plug socket and weasil it on the plug by hand, then take a wobble extension(rounded end so the socket can wobble) and jam it in the 3/8 hole in the socket and loosen it a few turns, then remove the socket and turn the plug out by hand.
scooterb69 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2005 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
remove the rubber splash from the drivers wheel well and with a swival socket and extintion you shoud be able to get it

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic